Celebrities you have met?

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Question I wanted to try for a while. Who are some celebrities you met. I only met 1 myself, met Kane Hodder and got a Friday The 13th Part 7 DVD signed, if you’re new he’ll choke you out.

When I was a tween my cool uncle used to bring us to the Saints training facility, where we'd hang out in the parking lot and ambush the players for autographs and pictures as they were leaving. This was 1983 which wasn't a great year for the team, but there were some famous dudes in their twilight years on the team at the time. So we met Bum Phillips, Ken Stabler, Earl Campbell, Rickey Jackson, etc. We did this a few times so we ended up meeting just about all of the players.
Funny to look at the pictures now because the players' cars were all so modest. Ford Broncos, Chevy Vans, etc. The punter, who was terrible, drove a gold Mercedes and that was pretty much the "fanciest" car in the lot.

I've posted my story here several times about meeting Richard Nixon in 1984 while camping. (Nixon wasn't camping, but I was when I met him in Lake Placid, NY after my buddy & I drove into the town for supplies).

But one fond memory was meeting cartoonist Sergio Aragones - it was at a comic convention in 1998, but I wasn't there as a fan boy, I was behind the table with a cousin who is an inker. Before the show opened, my cousin introduced me to Sergio and I got a nice photo of the two of us... unfortunately there was a problem with my camera and the film got exposed and the photo was lost.

During that same show we met and hung out with Bobby May - he was the guy who was inside the Robot in Lost In Space! He was quite a character; very short (probably around Danny DeVito's height) which is why he could fit in the Robot suit. The convention was kind of slow so we spent a lot of time talking - he had some really funny stories about his Robot job.

I did go up to actor Richard Hatch (I wasn't the type to wait in line to talk to a celebrity) - so when his line cleared I approached - he looked bored & slightly frustrated, and I could tell he was thinking, "Oh no - here comes another fan with a question about Battlestar Galactica." I asked him, "Did you get to meet Jan Berry when you played him in Dead Man's Curve?" And his face just lit up in a smile that only said "relief." He got very animated because he wasn't expecting this question and we had a nice long conversation about the movie and Jan & Dean (and yes, he met and worked with Jan Berry on the film and tried to copy his speech & mannerisms after his awful car accident for the movie.)

The trick is not minding
Several.
You see, this little city, Just outside of Pittsburgh, sat Monroeville, about 10 minutes from my little apartment in Plum Boro. In that city was the famous Monroeville Mall where they filmed the Dawn of the Dead. Shortly after Romero died, they had a horror special Convention where Tom Savini appeared. He autographed a poster I purchased and reminisced over the film.
Stele City con, held in the same convention, also brought many other celebrities such as Tara Reid, Henry Winkler (fantastic guy to chat with and happy to stand and talk with us rather then sit behind the table), Chris Sarandon (fun guy as well. He fist bumped me when we chatted over his films). Bonnie Wright from The Potter films, and several stars from The Walking Dead.

I did go up to actor Richard Hatch (I wasn't the type to wait in line to talk to a celebrity) - so when his line cleared I approached - he looked bored & slightly frustrated, and I could tell he was thinking, "Oh no - here comes another fan with a question about Battlestar Galactica." I asked him, "Did you get to meet Jan Berry when you played him in Dead Man's Curve?" And his face just lit up in a smile that only said "relief." He got very animated because he wasn't expecting this question and we had a nice long conversation about the movie and Jan & Dean (and yes, he met and worked with Jan Berry on the film and tried to copy his speech & mannerisms after his awful car accident for the movie.)
My friend had a similar experience. In the early 80s there was an episode of Mr Rogers' Neighborhood in which he visited the set of the Incredible Hulk TV show. That episode made an impression on my friend and I as kids (although we didn't meet until college). So a few years ago she brought her son to a convention and found herself attending a Q&A with Lou Ferrigno. She asked him about meeting Mr Rogers and his reaction was the same as Richard Hatch's. Face lit up and gave a very long and enthusiastic response, the longest of the event according to my friend. It must get really tiring hearing the same old questions day after day.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Several.
You see, this little city, Just outside of Pittsburgh, sat Monroeville, about 10 minutes from my little apartment in Plum Boro. In that city was the famous Monroeville Mall where they filmed the Dawn of the Dead. Shortly after Romero died, they had a horror special Convention where Tom Savini appeared. He autographed a poster I purchased and reminisced over the film.
Stele City con, held in the same convention, also brought many other celebrities such as Tara Reid, Henry Winkler (fantastic guy to chat with and happy to stand and talk with us rather then sit behind the table), Chris Sarandon (fun guy as well. He fist bumped me when we chatted over his films). Bonnie Wright from The Potter films, and several stars from The Walking Dead.

Henry Winkler is a wonderful person. I met him at a convention after-party, and he made sure to go around the room talking to everybody. He signed autographs for anybody who asked, and he made sure that he took the time to meet and talk with everyone who wanted to meet him. He's one of the nicest people that I've ever met.

The trick is not minding
Henry Winkler is a wonderful person. I met him at a convention after-party, and he made sure to go around the room talking to everybody. He signed autographs for anybody who asked, and he made sure that he took the time to meet and talk with everyone who wanted to meet him. He's one of the nicest people that I've ever met.
Yep, similar to my experience with him as well. He got up, walked around the table and shook hands with us and introduced himself kindly.
Him: “Hi, I’m Henry Winkler”
Me, laughing : “I know who you are.”
He was so polite and unassuming, that of course he wouldn’t assume we knew who he was.

Only one for me, I "met" Warwick Davis... but only in passing
Was in London visiting a friend, walking down a street in Soho, and Warwick was walking the opposite direction. Said hi to him and he said hi back as we passed each other

I've lived my whole life in the Detroit metro area.

Played golf twice with Jeff Daniels in the '90s. They were fundraisers for his Purple Rose of Cairo theater in Chelsea, MI.

The other was Barry Sanders, during his playing days. He was in line behind me in an Ace Hardware store buying a circular saw. I turned around and asked, "Does Mr. Ford (Detroit Lions owner) know you.re buying power tools?".

He laughed...

I actually met Liza Minnelli and Rita Moreno...Liza was on a concert tour in Denver and Rita was on Broadway in a female reboot of The Odd Couple. I met Roy Scheider at a performance of the Bob Fosse musical Dancin, which he was seeing as research for his upcoming role as Joe Gideon in All That Jazz. The summer I worked at Disney World when I was in college, I took a dance class with Chita Rivera. In high school, I participated in an acting workshop with Oscar winner Estelle Parsons and though I didn't actually meet him, I saw Dustin Hoffman in New York, coming out of the theater after a performance of his revival of Death of a Salesman. I've also met several daytime soap stars.

Me and a group of classmates chased Mike Myers down the streets of New York. He wasn't impressed.

I didn't get to meet him, but Dee Dee Ramone tried to help get me a job at a used CD store.

I also used to run into Mark McKinney from Kids in the Hall all of the time. Never talked to him. I think he might have been stalking me.

I used to hang out with Dan Levy from Schitt's Creek. So I've been to Eugene Levy's house before and got the honor of holding his Grammy for A Might Wind. But that was long before he made People's "Sexiest Men Alive" list (lol) He doesn't do peasant visitations anymore.

Basically just a bunch of Canadian hosebags (oh, speaking of hosebags, also got to have lunch with the entire Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team when I was a kid, but they were a bunch of bums, and it's hockey, so who cares?)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
My Dad's Aunt through marriage was Elizabeth Spriggs, met her a few times when I was young. She was one of the paintings in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, she was also the Mrs Jennings in Sense and Sensibility 1995. She was mainly known to me as the Witch from a kids TV show, Simon and the Witch. She was nominated for a Bafta but lost to Kate Winslet.

Obviously we're not talking mega A-list here but it's my claim to fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Spriggs

I go to conventions every year - not this year, obviously - and I'm a sucker for getting celebrity autographs and photos with them. The most pleasant and fun ones to meet were Armin Shimerman (Quark from Star Trek: DS9), Bill Corbett (Crow from MST3K), Katrina Law (from Spartacus, which I enjoyed a bit too much since I still have a crush on her, but I digress), Wallace Shawn, James Marsters and Harvey Guillen (Guillermo from What We Do in the Shadows).

My other, real life encounters include Floor Jansen (Nightwish vocalist, who was totally cool), helping a few Atlanta Braves players in my retail days and, well...Newt Gingrich.

Oh I get to have fun with this... because I'm a Comicon geek! I have seen more than just the few below.

Let's start with Sarah Douglas.. from Superman II

Gil Girard and Erin Gray - Buck Rogers

George Takei - Star Trek

Cary Elwes - Princess Bride

Doug Jones - Hellboy and many other films

Jason Mewes - Jay and Silent Bob

Jeremy Bulloch, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and a few other Star Wars actors

Marc Singer (who is actually a Jerk!!) - Beastmaster

Herb Jefferson Jr. - Battlestar Galactica

Lou Ferrigno - Incredible Hulk

Glenn Shaddix - Beetlejuice/A Nightmare Before Christmas

Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors - Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man

Henry Winkler

Jerome Flynn - British actor

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
None. I don't even meet normal people let alone celebrities.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I used to hang out with Dan Levy from Schitt's Creek. So I've been to Eugene Levy's house before and got the honor of holding his Grammy for A Might Wind. But that was long before he made People's "Sexiest Men Alive" list (lol) He doesn't do peasant visitations anymore.
That's amazing! When you see that he's in videos like this, are you not surprised or does it seem like the opposite of how you thought he'd end up?