Non-Rewatchable Movies

Tools    

These aren't bad movies, in fact on occasion they're masterpieces. These are your Clockwork Oranges or Requiem For A Dream's, Maybe a Schindler's List.

Movies that you admire for the craftsmanship and thought provoking writing or imagery but you wouldn't care to watch again, or don't feel the desire to.

Anyone have a flick or a few like this?

kids
irreversible
the whistleblower
are movies ive only seen once,masterpieces are pushing it but they`re movies the evoke such emotions i just dont have it in me to watch them twice and in that sense they`re great.

In one sense there are movies that contain surprises that you only get to experience the first time you watch it. When you watch it the second time the surprise is spoiled. I'm thinking of movies like: Angel Heart, Sixth Sense, Momento, Lost Highway, etc.

The Passion of the Christ. Very good film, but damn is it rough! And for a film that is supposed to inspire and foster faith, you might want to actually want to rewatch it.
Complete agreement. I was very uncomfortable watching Jesus get butchered for 90 minutes.

Good thread topic V

Lawrence Of Arabia
Irreversible
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Johns (David Arquette was magnificent, truth )
Gummo
Prisoners - I was wound watching that, had to post about it here after finishing it 4am...like a catharsis.

Lawrence Of Arabia
This is in my top ten and i've seen it four times, might watch it again by you just mentioning it. Incredible film

Prisoners
Agreed with these two haven't seen any of the others.

For me Amour and Lilya 4-Ever from the 10th HOF, both have a lot going for them but they are just so depressing i doubt i'll ever watch eiher again.

I've only seen LOA once and was memorized by the visual beauty of it...and by the story...and by Peter O Tooles' acting. I should watch that it again one of these days.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Ray (2004)

I didn't mind his music, I didn't mind his commercials, I like seeing Foxx in other roles multiple times, so, it's not the actor, and yet, despite 2 Oscars, I don't want to watch it a second time. I have it on DVD, got it for $5, watched it once and that's it. I own other biopics and have watched them all multiple times.

I'm pretty sure there have been other threads on this topi but I'm going to answer again anyway...movies that I have seen once, admire the film as a piece of cinematic art, but have absolutely no desire to sit through again:

The Killing Fields

The Passion of the Christ

Sophie's Choice

Cast Away

Yeah Sophies Choice was hard. Quite a shame too because Streep & Kline had very rewatchable performances in it.

Complete agreement. I was very uncomfortable watching Jesus get butchered for 90 minutes.

Good thread topic V

Lawrence Of Arabia
Irreversible
Johns (David Arquette was magnificent, truth )
Gummo
Prisoners - I was wound watching that, had to post about it here after finishing it 4am...like a catharsis.
Lawrence of Arabia I would totally rewatch, Especially to see it on the big screen again.

I have not seen Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I can put a lot of rape revenge flicks down for the same reasons.

I was kinda bored by Sophie's Choice, except for the last few minutes when you see the choice.
Yeah, the story was the "Choice", but I remember Kevin Kline and Meryl Streep just killing-it in every way which so helped the time go by. He should have been a bigger star imo.

ANOTHER Lawrence Of Arabia supporter. I had just got done seeing Lion In Winter, Beckett, and My Favorite Year....was doing an O'Toole binge. When I then watched LOA, well, it was a completely different performance from him compared to those. I am going to rewatch it, and give it another chance. Gotta watch Bigger Than Life first though, for The Chain.

I have not seen Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I can put a lot of rape revenge flicks
It's not a rape revenge flick. She is raped and gets revenge but it is a very small part of the film, almost like a subplot. It is more like a murder-mystery.