Caity's Top 100.…

→ in
Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
That's pretty understandable since a lot of the movies on my list are rated
hahaha! owned, he had it coming though.

i haven't been on here that long but i've seen no mention of Interview with a Vampire which is one of my favorite movies and book so yay for that!

Registered Creature
Wow, I love your list. Ha. Got some really great ones in there.

I haven't seen Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula in the longest time. Interesting to see it has a place on your list.

Super distinctive list. Enjoyed looking threw your choices. Huge props for including

Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story (1992, Michael Apted)
Thunderheart (1992, Michael Apted)
The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976, Clint Eastwood)
Lethal Weapon (1987, Richard Donner)
A Time to Kill (1996, Joel Schumacher )
Stir of Echoes (1999, David Koepp)
Bullitt (1968, Peter Yates)
In the Name of the Father (1993, Jim Sheridan)
Predator (1987, John McTiernan)

The Princess Bride (1987, Rob Reiner) - As far as Fantasy’s go this is the most well rounded.

Henry V (1989, Kenneth Branagh ) - I love it. Branagh doing his best to out do Sir Laurence Oliver’s take on Shakespeare.

Almost Famous (2000, Cameron Crowe) - What seems like Forever I would have said Say Anything is Crowe Best but, once I saw this no longer.

Se7en (1995) - I don’t think this has been forgotten by any means but it doesn’t seem to get as much interest as Fight Club, Zodiac and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Maybe it’s age it’s now one of Fincher’s older films

Rob Roy (1995, Michael Caton-Jones)
Aliens (1986, James Cameron)

Recently Rewatched both of these films. Aliens remembered as not being all that great of an overall film though the action was immersive. Rob Roy as being a film I adore. I can safely say now I adore Rob Roy even more and Aliens has now become an all time favourite.

In terms of recommendations or if you’ve seen these would love to know your take on them. Michael Caton-Jones made a great WWII film called Memphis Belle and star of Rob Roy Liam Nesson made this nice little british thriller called Under Suspicion (1991)
Both I think you’d really like.

Would love to get any info on these films all have been put on my too see list
Paradise Road (1997, Bruce Beresford)
Some Mother’s Son (1996, Terry George)
Big Fish (2003, Tim Burton)

Super distinctive list. Enjoyed looking threw your choices. Huge props for including

Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story (1992, Michael Apted)
Thunderheart (1992, Michael Apted)
The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976, Clint Eastwood)
Lethal Weapon (1987, Richard Donner)
A Time to Kill (1996, Joel Schumacher )
Stir of Echoes (1999, David Koepp)
Bullitt (1968, Peter Yates)
In the Name of the Father (1993, Jim Sheridan)
Predator (1987, John McTiernan)

The Princess Bride (1987, Rob Reiner) - As far as Fantasy’s go this is the most well rounded.

Henry V (1989, Kenneth Branagh ) - I love it. Branagh doing his best to out do Sir Laurence Oliver’s take on Shakespeare.

Almost Famous (2000, Cameron Crowe) - What seems like Forever I would have said Say Anything is Crowe Best but, once I saw this no longer.

Se7en (1995) - I don’t think this has been forgotten by any means but it doesn’t seem to get as much interest as Fight Club, Zodiac and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Maybe it’s age it’s now one of Fincher’s older films

Rob Roy (1995, Michael Caton-Jones)
Aliens (1986, James Cameron)

Recently Rewatched both of these films. Aliens remembered as not being all that great of an overall film though the action was immersive. Rob Roy as being a film I adore. I can safely say now I adore Rob Roy even more and Aliens has now become an all time favourite.

In terms of recommendations or if you’ve seen these would love to know your take on them. Michael Caton-Jones made a great WWII film called Memphis Belle and star of Rob Roy Liam Nesson made this nice little british thriller called Under Suspicion (1991)
Both I think you’d really like.

Would love to get any info on these films all have been put on my too see list
Paradise Road (1997, Bruce Beresford)
Some Mother’s Son (1996, Terry George)
Big Fish (2003, Tim Burton)

I'm glad you enjoyed my list... I've been thinking about redoing it as there are a few films I'd like to add... but all the films you listed would definitely still be included...

I've only seen a few minutes of Memphis Belle and haven't seen any of Under Suspicion so am adding both of them to my "to see" list... thanks for the recommendations...

I hope you enjoy the 3 films you added to your to see list…

Paradise Road is an excellent film that, as far as I'm concerned, should be required viewing in many history classes... Most of the movies I'd ever seen about WWII concentration camps pertained to Hitler and the Jews until I saw Paradise Road... when I found out it was based on the testimony of dozens of English and Dutch women who actually survived a Japanese concentration camp for women, it just made it all the more special to me... hope you enjoy it.

Not sure what to say about Big Fish… other than it's a wonderful little story/fairy tale about a son discovering his father was not exactly what he had always thought he was... Hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

As far as I know, Some Mother's Son is not out of DVD yet... which is a shame as it is an awesome film... I actually wrote a review for it once upon a time that you might like to read…

Some Mother's Son

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just looked at the list in full Caity. It's interesting because I haven't really seen a lot of your favorites. I'm probably going to use this list as ideas for new movies to watch starting with Josey Wales and Once Upon a Time in the West

Great list, Caitlyn. I know I've gone through it before but I'm sure it was when I went through all the lists in one night so they kind of all melded together. Really liking a lot of your picks, as well as seeing a few surprise additions here and there. I don't think I've seen Rob Roy, gonna have to check it out sometime in the near future seeing as it's one of the few I haven't seen on your list and you have it rated so high.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Just looked at the list in full Caity. It's interesting because I haven't really seen a lot of your favorites. I'm probably going to use this list as ideas for new movies to watch starting with Josey Wales and Once Upon a Time in the West
Of course, I don't think you can go wrong with either of those... thanks for checking my list and I'd love to know what you think of those two and any others you decide to check out...

Caitlyn you have quite a few great films on your list.
Thanks Juno, I've been playing with the idea of redoing it because there are several films I'd like to add... but it's hard to decide what would have to go to keep it at 100... I guess I just need to re-watch all of them to decide...

Damn, Caitlyn, I think I probably like around half of your list. That's almost unheard of for me to like that many. You must have terrible taste.
Oh wow, thank you.... this definitely has my curiosity up... list please...

Great list, Caitlyn. I know I've gone through it before but I'm sure it was when I went through all the lists in one night so they kind of all melded together. Really liking a lot of your picks, as well as seeing a few surprise additions here and there. I don't think I've seen Rob Roy, gonna have to check it out sometime in the near future seeing as it's one of the few I haven't seen on your list and you have it rated so high.
Thanks Harry... Rob Roy is a great film that, as I recall, was pretty much overlooked at the time because it was released around the same time Braveheart was... and, when I do get around to redoing my list, it will probably rank a little better on it than Braveheart does now... anyway, I'd love to know what you think of it...

Before release, Rob Roy was the 'good' film with the good actors and script, while 'Braveheart' the one with the shoddy script. Amazing what hype and popularity can do, isn't it?

Caitlyn, I'm working on it. I've almost got the 100 films, but I'm struggling to get from 120 to 100. Then, of course, I've got to rate them.

One day I will stun you all and put up a list.

I'm glad you enjoyed my list... I've been thinking about redoing it as there are a few films I'd like to add... but all the films you listed would definitely still be included...

I've only seen a few minutes of Memphis Belle and haven't seen any of Under Suspicion so am adding both of them to my "to see" list... thanks for the recommendations...

I hope you enjoy the 3 films you added to your to see list…

Paradise Road is an excellent film that, as far as I'm concerned, should be required viewing in many history classes... Most of the movies I'd ever seen about WWII concentration camps pertained to Hitler and the Jews until I saw Paradise Road... when I found out it was based on the testimony of dozens of English and Dutch women who actually survived a Japanese concentration camp for women, it just made it all the more special to me... hope you enjoy it.

Not sure what to say about Big Fish… other than it's a wonderful little story/fairy tale about a son discovering his father was not exactly what he had always thought he was... Hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

As far as I know, Some Mother's Son is not out of DVD yet... which is a shame as it is an awesome film... I actually wrote a review for it once upon a time that you might like to read…

Some Mother's Son
Australian Woman, too!

I've seen most of your list.. & guess what many of thse should be on my list as well..
How could I have forgotten Dead Man.

Hope the following statement doesn't make you feel bad in anyway.. but we have a similar taste in movies..

& like I said above... I have to see the ones ones I haven't yet.. coz I I feel I am guaranteed to like them.

I've seen most of your list.. & guess what many of thse should be on my list as well..
How could I have forgotten Dead Man.

Hope the following statement doesn't make you feel bad in anyway.. but we have a similar taste in movies..

& like I said above... I have to see the ones ones I haven't yet.. coz I I feel I am guaranteed to like them.

Doesn't bother me at all... I'm always happy when someone else likes a lot of the same films I do because, with the exception of my dad and brother, very few people I know in real life like the ones I do...

I was actually looking for MoFo list to watch movies based on it..
Was thinking of GirlWhoHadAllTheLuck's list, coz she has lots of romantic/classic films which I am not much familiar with..

I guess I'll start with your list first.. GWHATL's list goes second.

I've watched 9 and a bit (really need to watch the rest of Shakespeare in Love).

The Magdalene Sisters - What a powerful movie! I've seen it 3 times and everytime I am so moved, for the simple fact....it happened.

4. Skins (2002, Chris Eyre)

Help me blow the nose off George Washington at Rushmore.
Very nice list and this is a very good movie. Do I detect an affinity for movies about Native Americans? If so, you may like Smoke Signals (1998) and Edge of America (2003) -- both by Chris Eyre.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120321/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363587/

Very nice list and this is a very good movie. Do I detect an affinity for movies about Native Americans? If so, you may like Smoke Signals (1998) and Edge of America (2003) -- both by Chris Eyre.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120321/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363587/

Thank you... and you are correct. I do have an affinity for Native American films... and love Chris Eyre... and his films... it could have something to do with the wee fact that I'm half Tsalagi...

It's nice to find someone else who has seen Skins... and enjoyed it... I actually wrote a review on it that is posted on MoFos somewhere...