Movie everyone loved but YOU hated?

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I wouldnt say hate but i really didnt see the big deal over Dark Knight.
I kinda see the big deal, as far as why everyone seems to sing its praises at the mention of any other movie these days. As far as it being the best film ever made, as I've seen it described as, no. A good film, but not that good.

Ratatouille - I've liked everything else Pixar's made to one degree or another, but this one just couldn't interest me.
I hear ya. I tried watching it, but just couldn't stay focused. Cars was about the same, for me, unfunny and boring. It doesn't even come close to being as good as the rest of the Pixar films.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Here's a handful more...
Ratatouille - I've liked everything else Pixar's made to one degree or another, but this one just couldn't interest me.

My niece and I tried to watch Ratatouille when it first came out and neither of us could get interested in it... I put it on for her again the other day and she finally got through the whole thing (I lost interest again)... but when I asked her if she liked it, she said "no" and was ready to put it in her "get rid of pile" ...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Basically anything with Will Farrell in it is at the top of my *gougue my eyes out with a spoon* list.

Actually there are alot of newer big comedies out there that make my brain hurt.

I know this is a bit of a generalization and there are certainly exceptions to the rule, but it just seems to me that most of the comedies coming out in the last several years are just rip offs of older (and much better) ideas or they're just so base and crude that they're not funny.

I like comedy that makes me *work* to get it. I'm a fairly intelligent girl so I don't need to be smacked in the face with a joke to understand that it's supposed to be funny.

Am I wrong here? Or does it just seem like Hollywood thinks we're getting dumber and dumber as the years go by and therefore need to barage us with mindless antics that our simple minds can grasp?

"Lost in Translation". I was so excited to see it because everyone I knew raved and raved about it...and then when I saw it, nothing. I was so disappointed. I mean maybe I just didn't get it, who knows? But I thought it was a seriously overrated movie.

P.S. I love David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick
Definitely overrated. I loved the last half-hour but the rest didn't seem to be going any place. It was too slow-paced and contemplative.

Pride and Prejudice (2005 movie)- it was nothing like the book! It was a pleasant enough love story but the satirical element had gone entirely and Mr Collins, who is such a funny character, comes off as a pervert.

My niece and I tried to watch Ratatouille when it first came out and neither of us could get interested in it... I put it on for her again the other day and she finally got through the whole thing (I lost interest again)... but when I asked her if she liked it, she said "no" and was ready to put it in her "get rid of pile" ...
That kid dosen't know anything !

Welcome to the human race...
Maybe it's you who doesn't know anything.

Maybe nobody knows anything...

That kid dosen't know anything !
I quite liked the film. Wasn't the best but it was okay.

EDIT: 'That'll do pig', by the submit button. That's from 'Babe' isn't it? I hate that film it's horrible!

I bet I get all dirty again.
Dances With Wolves was perfect.

As you were....

I did like it. I guess I was just not in the mood for that type of movie. I had to watch it with tons of commericals as well so I couldn't get really into it.

I bet I get all dirty again.
Never watch it with commercials. I love the film and I can't even watch it with commercials.
I do want to watch it again without them. It is just very very long.

I wouldn't say I hated it, but I was very disappointed with
No Country For Old Men.

Stylistically, the movie is beautiful. It has a good flow and some interesting characters. The story completely lost me, however, when the protagonist was killed off way too early, and without any resolution. Or at least the character that I perceived to be the main character was killed off. A friend told me that in the book, the Tommy Lee Jones character is the protagonist. In the movie, I interpreted this character to be more of a narrator. I followed Josh Brolin's character, Llewelyn Moss, as the protagonist. When this character was killed off, the story just fell apart for me, leaving me unsatisfied at the end.

I did love the antagonist. He was a cool character. And I usually love Coen brother's films. This one just didn't do it for me.

I enjoyed Ratatouille. Great film.

I did not like The Honeymoon Killers, a ghastly film. Whatever happened to Baby Jane? Borrrring! Bull Durham. Ugh!

I see a DVD and a review on the back says: "Two Thumbs Up", it's probably a lousy film. Critics use that expression when they can't be bothered to watch it but feel that they should give it a good review.

Stay with the blanket!
I liked Ratatouille too :). It was warm and funny, and so much different than animated movies nowadays.

I was deeply disappointed by "Public Enemies", though most of my friends considered it okay. I had a feeling that none of the plot threads were treated properly, many of them cut in the middle and the rest just starting out of the blue. Plus, it was tiring to watch.

Also, "Road house". My family enjoyed it a big time, which made me unable to run away. Okay, there was Patrick Swayze. And that's basically all the positives in the movie. I can't recall a single likeable moment :o, but couldn't even complain out loud.

(Oops, English isn't my first language. Mistakes may occur.)

One of the movies that I HATED that mostly everyone I know liked is Finding Nemo. I don't what it is about this movie but I find it to be sooooo boring & weird!