Best Movie Music/Theme Song

Tools    

Requiem for a Dream

/thread
Clint Mansell's main theme to that film is certainly one of my favorites. It's been overused since in other films (or at least some trailers), but it accentuates the drama in Requiem really well.

Howard Shore's work on The Lord of the Rings was very good.
Interesting; I've seen all the LOTR films, but had no idea Shore worked on them. I'm a huge David Cronenberg fan, and Shore has done brilliant work for him for almost 30 years.

Ok, this a movie but...... i would have to say that 1 of my favourite theme songs is Blackadder series 1....... it random..... i'll see if i can upload it or something like that or a link........

i meant this is not a movie.... My bad.....

Anarchist within reason
The sound tracks to Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs

As for musical scores,

Hanz Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard for Man on Fire

Was it Hanz Zimmer who did the score for Black Hawk Down?

Nick Glennie Smith for We Were Soldiers

James Newton Howard for Blood Diamond
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

"Misirlou" - Pulp Fiction

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow this question is incredibly hard. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Making a difference
my all time classic are:
Titanic
Gladiator
Lord of the rings
Lion King
Godfather

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I love movie music!

My all-time favs:

Howard Shore, Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers is my favorite of the 3)
Hans Zimmer and Gerard, Gladiator
James Horner: Braveheart, A Beautiful Mind, Field of Dreams
John Barry, Dances With Wolves
Ennio Morricone: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and The Untouchables

I'm also a big fan of the soundtrack from Henry V. But the name of the composer escapes me...

Wagner - Flight of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)

Fit perfectly to that scene.
That's agreed, Brother Blue. I also like the them from Lawrence of Arabia a lot, too. It's cool!

This is soooo cool!

Come to think of it, though, there was an equally cool orchestral rendition of the theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by Hugo Martenegro, that was frequently played on prominent rock-n-roll radio stations during the late 1960's. I know this is a bit off the subject, but does that ring a bell for you at all, MovieMan? Just curious.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
'Now You're A Man' from Orgazmo
You got to love the over the top accent

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

My favorite score is definitely Gladiator.

Other favorite soundtracks:

With Honors
Wonder Boys
Walk The Line
She's the One

But my favorite theme song is definitely "Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation.

Stay with the blanket!
Anything by Mancini or Elfman. I agree on the Godfather theme, too.

Why nobody mentions The Blues Brothers soundtrack? I mean, it has the catchiest songs in the universe.

(Oops, English isn't my first language. Mistakes may occur.)

One of the most memorable is Dragonheart by Randy Edelman. The main theme from that movie has been used in oscar ceremonies and countless trailers.

Hook by John Williams is one of his best ever, even though the movie isn't really remembered. I really liked his scores for AI Artificial Intelligence and Munich as well.