The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I loved Amadeus. A lot of movies I love but didn't vote for have and will yet come up as my list was predominantly horror trash.
I would love to see Halloween make this list atleast, probably won't though

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The Adventure Starts Here!
Indeed. I actually almost didn't include that bit, because to anyone who's heard the term (or possibly just Googles it), it's a dead giveaway.
It could've been referencing Rocky 12 or whatever, though...

I tried to vote as much as possible for actual favourites, not submit a list of best movies ever made. They're not necessarily the same thing.

I haven't watched Amadeus, but will soon. I have seen a couple of videos of it on YouTube and read a bit about Mozart, and he was a mad genius.

Raging Bull was in my list at 11, and is my favourite Scorsese movie and favourite boxing movie (even though it's much more than that). To see a man reach great heights against odds (created by others and sometimes by himself) and to then see that spectacular fall, all shown in the same way as he fought - raw and unhinged.

I can think of at least 10 Scorsese films better than Raging Bull in my opinion. I respect the film, but that's about it.

That's why I make the distinction between favourites and best. Favourites aren't necessarily the best movies ever made.

That's why I make the distinction between favourites and best. Favourites aren't necessarily the best movies ever made.
Careful, talking about this distinction makes people mad sometimes.

Also making people mad: people voting differently than they would!

I don't get it when people say others voted for the wrong movies.
If everyone voted the same, it's be the MoFo Top 25 Movies Of All Time.

The joke used to be that Fight Club was Persona for bros. It's a fine film and I make a point to never judge a film by its imitators. The worst thing about it might be that it convinced too many people that "Where Is My Mind?" is the best Pixie song. (It's "Tame", btw.)

The Coens are always allen wrenches in the mix, each one uniquely molded to its function. I could have put a half dozen of their films on my list and felt validated, even the sleepy ones like Man Who Wasn't There, Burn After Reading or Serious Man. Simply incomparable to most films.

Raging Bull is an ugly slab of rotten pride. Amadeus is prettier. Both are humbling.

Who said childhood ends?

Who said childhood ends?
Not sure, could it have been Captain Hook?

Your already making people mad with the hard and confusing hints, say where are those hints anyways

Hot take: A Serious Man is the best Coen brothers film.
Atomic tranq: Can you bottle this air?

I think you are right about Raging Bull.

I still can't see how 'obscene and yet heard' relates to Gravity though.
The obscene one was Raging Bull.

The strong but unsound was what I was thinking was Gravity. Strong referring to how Sandra Bullock grew in the course of the film. Unsound being a bit of a play of words towards space not having sound.