Show Off Your New Avatar

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
NEW AVATAR!!!

In honor of both the Sci-fi countdown and the Animation HoF, I give you the creepiest damn owl ever put to film. The funny thing is, The Secret of NIMH actually makes the grade for both the HoF and the countdown, as IMDB classes it as Sci-fi. Therefore, this will be my avatar for the forseeable future.

....t

Doctor Strange on the left was supposed to be my "new" avatar (I did use it for a short while before and after the last Survivor game), and the Re-Animator one was just temporary for Halloween. It's really grown on me this last week though, so now I don't know which one to keep.

If you see me switch back and forth over the next couple of days, it's just me being indecisive.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	reanimator.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	27666   Click image for larger version

Name:	strange4.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	27667  

That's a pretty cool avatar, Clazor
But it's kind of hard to see what it is. If you could crop it tighter and brighten and saturate the colors it would really pop!
Right, I'll do that...just as soon as you tell me how. I have no excperience with image enhancing software. I've used paint to crop and resize my avatars so far. Haven't the faintest idea how to do anything else. Not real tech-savvy in that regard.

Right, I'll do that...just as soon as you tell me how. I have no excperience with image enhancing software. I've used paint to crop and resize my avatars so far. Haven't the faintest idea how to do anything else. Not real tech-savvy in that regard.
I hope you don't mind but I played around with the big image you posted and made three avatars from it. If you like it feel free to use one but if not that's cool too I was just bored.

Those aren't perfect, I could make them a little sharper, but you get the idea.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	27684   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	27685   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	27686  

Definitely use one of those Clazor, yours is too dark. I had a problem like that with an av too, and Rodent brightened it for me.

Thank you very much, CR. It looks so much better in this crop and with the colors brightend. What drew me to it in the first place was actually the cobwebs he's got trailing from his wing. Sounds wierd, I know, but it just tels you so much about the old bird. He's ancient, for one, doesn't move about more than is absolutley necessary, which tells you that when he moves, don't get in his way. Losing that bit was too bad, but I think I like the end result enough to get over that. Thanks again so much.

Citizen Rules, you've turned profile comments off... so I'm putting this here...

I hate when people do that. I know it's an option so use it if you want but if you are saying something you don't want other people to read surely you could just PM them? Don't know seems pointless to me, and i hate having to PM someone something that i know will only get one reply like "thanks" and that's it. I delete both my sent and their received message right away for space in my Inbox so it feels like the most pointless thing ever.

SC: That SC with the clouds is one of the best avatars you've had IMO. It's not really your style since i'm used to you with actors but it looked great.