Fuze's Top 100 Redux!!!!

→ in
Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
Independence Day is definitely one Hell of an entertaining movie. It's a bunch of easy, laid-back fun with some solid performances and good special effects.

Both The Shawshank Redemption and Forrest Gump are easy 10/10s for me. For a long time they were my #1 and #2 favorite movies (currently my #22 and #24) The acting, direction and writing for both are just pitch-perfect. It's mind -boggling to me that these two and The Lion King all came out in the same year (plus honorable mentions Pulp Fiction and The Crow).

Give me all of your candy!
64.) The Thing

Cool horror story, excellent tension, and some plain ol' creepy S**T make this a must see classic!

63.) Children of Men

Awesome, original, and beautifully filmed, this movie goes highly unrecognized and is one of the greatest films of this past decade in my opinion.

62.) Inside Man

Fun, original heist movie with great acting and perfect casting. I like Denzel quite a bit, but I am a sucker for a Clive Owen film!

Lord High Filmquisitor
I don't seem to be as much of a fan of The Thing as most people, though I still do very much like it. Its makeup / costuming / physical effects were all top-of-the-line, comparable to Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn in a lot of ways.

Children of Men is another excellent choice. The direction / cinematography were both exceptional, and I love the nativity parallels (very fitting choice for Christmas Eve, come to think of it).

Opposite of The Thing, I seem to enjoy Inside Man a lot more than most people do. It's good to see another fan of the film.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption are two excellent feel-good films, and two of the best films of 94', and I'm kind of mixed on Independence Day. Its not a particularly "good" film, but its amusing in an over the top,overly patriotic Merica' type of way.

The Thing is a horror masterpiece, and Children of Men is a fantastic piece of sci-fi. The cinematography is outstanding in COM.

61.) Pulp Fiction

90's classic with some awesome acting, great direction, and an enthralling story! One of my favorite Jackson performances.

60.) Zero Dark Thirty

Great second half of the movie and solid acting, crazy tension towards the end and Chastain's best performance make for a great film.

59.) Goodfellas

Not really much to say about this masterpiece that hasn't been said before! Amazing acting, one of the best movies I have ever seen, and not just genre specific, but in general! De Niro and Pesce make an amazing duo!

Lord High Filmquisitor
And 1994 rears its head again in Pulp Fiction. It's definitely a great movie. Like most of Tarantino's films, I didn't like it at first, though it has grown on me upon subsequent viewings.

I was surprised how well paced Zero Dark Thirty was. I expected a much slower and less interesting movie. It was basically a more exciting version of The Hurt Locker for me (which I also liked).

58.) Watchmen

Great graphic novel adaptation, awesome cast, and a great soundtrack. Fun movie and great action!

57.) Halloween

One of the most tense experiences of my life. Also liked a lot of the sequels, but this is by far my favorite. Great suspense and an absence of overpowering gore make this a must see.

56.) Animal House

Belushi at his best, great fun, and very quotable! Hilarious classic!

Lord High Filmquisitor
Watchmen is a fantastic film. While I'm not always a fan of Snyder's "Style Over Substance" approach to film, but this is him at his absolute best.

Since I can't see the picture, I can't say for sure which Halloween you mean. Assuming that it's the original, it is yet another 10/10 choice (we seem to have reasonably similar tastes). The opwning tracking shot is one of te beat pieces of artistry that i've ever seen. The way in which Carpenter inserts us as the killer in the movie is very intimately unsettling.

Animal house is hilarious, even if I don't seem to be as taken with it as others are. Still, this is high on my list of comedies.

55.) Batman: The Movie

Great Nicholson performance and a fun comic book vision from Burton make this one of my favorites!

54.) Beethoven

LOVED this movie growing up! Despise all of the sequels, but the original is pure gold! Awesome family film!

53.) Old School

Frank the Tank! Great performances all around and everyone seemed to be having a great time making this hilarious movie and one of the most iconic Will Ferrell moments of his career!

52.) Trick 'R Treat

I watch this film every Halloween. I really wanted to find a spot for it in my top 50, but just couldn't. I think later on as it continues to grow on me, it could even crack my top 25. This movie is amazing.

51.) A Beautiful Mind

One of my favorite Crowe performances, just an all around great film. Very smart and charming film, and just barely missed the top 50!

Ok, from here on out, I will be doing one at a time to tell you a little more about my love for my top 50 films! I hope you all have enjoyed this so far! There are still many classics I have yet to watch, like most of Hitchcock's work and a few classics that I am sure I would love, but I will definitely keep my list refreshed throughout the years! Here we go with number 50!

50.) The Wizard of Oz
Directed by Victor Fleming, 1939
Starring Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger

A fabulous classic! My first experience with this film was early childhood. I remember my mother watching it every Christmas and it being a household must for as long as I can remember.

Great storytelling, awesome musical numbers, and an iconic villian make this classic a must have for my list. I love all members of the cast, from the munchkins to Toto to Dorothy to The Witch! It is a timeless masterpiece that will be in my life forever!

49.) The Avengers
Directed by Joss Whedon, 2012
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans

One of the best theatrical experiences of my life, this film is just so darn fun! Great action, well-placed comedy, and everyone got their time on the big screen they deserved in my opinion.

Very few movies had me applauding as much as this one did. Great casting, very memorable, and one of the greatest blockbusters ever made! Cannot wait to see the next one in a couple summers!

From this page-

The Thing is also in my top 100; an all time great horror film.

Children of Men and Inside Man: I plan on rewatching both as I fell asleep during both. Not from boredom, but from exhaustion.

Pulp Fiction is in my top 25.

Zero Dark Thirty won't quite make my top 100 but it's a great film. I really like that director.

Goodfellas is my favorite film.

I haven't seen Watchmen but have heard a lot of great things and would definitely try it.

Halloween is not quite a favorite but I like it and it is a classic.

I'm psyched to see Animal House on your list. It's in my top 25 and I've always loved it. It will be high on my 70's list.

Batman: I just thought this was ok. I loved Nicholson in it, but I love him in everything.

I've never seen Beethoven and probably won't at this point.

Love Old School, in my top 100.

I almost watched Trick 'R Treat recently for the first time. I'll make sure to watch it now.

I couldn't get into A Beautiful Mind the first time. I'll try it again.

The Wizard of Oz is pure magic; it means a lot to me.

I haven't seen The Avengers yet, but will.

Trick 'r Treat will more than likely make it in my top 20performance next time I update this list because I love it more each time. Beethoven is a childhood classic so to watch it now would probably be a little less magical, but I plan on watching it with my kid soon. The Avengers is great mindless summer fun. Children of Men is a better film than Inside Man in my opinion, but I have Inside Man one step higher for Denzel's performance and it is just a tiny bit more rewatchable for me. Watchmen actually took a couple viewings for me to really connect but now I love it!

48.) Clerks 2
Directed by Kevin Smith
Starring Jeff Anderson, Brian O'Halloran, Rosario Dawson

Fun times in theaters and at home quite often! Great characters, hilarious, memorable moments, great cameos, and a donkey show!

One of my favorite comedies, I know Smith is not for everyone, but this movie has made me laugh so many times that I cannot help but put it in the top 50! Plus, I love the characters Jay and Silent Bob so much! If you haven't seen this comedy, please check it out!

Nice! I noticed Smith catches a little bit of crap here at times so I honestly thought I'd be bashed for his picks Glad to see someone else enjoys it!