Fuze's Top 100 Redux!!!!

→ in
Tools    

Give me all of your candy!
Star Wars: Episode V, The Shining, Anchorman, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Mulholland Drive, 12 Angry Men, The Lord of the Rings and The Godfather are all good or great films

Also I find it interesting how depending on who you ask Shelley Duvall's performance is either genius or terrible. I think it might be underrated, she's annoying and weird, but it's kind of the point, Kubrick was said to have actually driven her insane with constant re shoots and such, she does genuinely seem terrified in the film. Mark Kermode, probably the best British film critic and a huge horror fan loves her performance and doesn't really like Nicholson's actually.
You see, the first few times I saw this movie, I told myself the same thing... "She could just be in character..."; stuff like that. I mean she was annoying before the hotel possessed Jack, and, honestly, I couldn't see it being as menacing and terrifying if she WASN'T annoying and was generally loved and regarded as a trophy, because maybe those feelings were bubbling in him from the get go.....but after watching it, I think she is just rather annoying in general! Never really seen her in anything else, though, so I do not know how to feel about her. Either way, like I said, I can look past her character and enjoy everything else!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Shelley Duvall is outrageously annoying in 3 Women, Nashville, Annie Hall and some others, but probably her most-criticized performances, Wendy Torrance and Olive Oyl, seem sympathetic in comparison.

You seem to be alternating between a group of movies I like and a group I don't like - which is good because without variety and personal favourites these lists would be boring.

12 Angry Men and The Godfather are great - LoTR:FotR is good

Lord High Filmquisitor
If you didn't like the first VHS, chances are the second will not be enjoyable either; they are carbon copies almost. That being said, I loved them both, but the third video alone is the reason I chose the second over the first.
My girlfriend's trying to get me to rewatch it. We both disliked it, but she insists that it improves on the rewatch, so I might eventually get with the program.

The Godfather, ESB, 12 Angry Men are all good. BTW, you don't really like three things that Lucas did, as he only directed Star Wars and one of the reasons that Jedi is so poor is because he's back and interfering.

85.) The Silence of the Lambs

Anthony Hopkins in one of his best roles, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. Haunting imagery, great dialogue, and an iconic turn in from Hopkins and Foster make this a must see to me.

84.) Super 8

I knew this movie would be on my list upon first viewing. I love the friendship with the kids, the family problems, the monster, everything. Great film from an awesome director!

83.) Punch Drunk Love

Big Adam Sandler fan, and it was good to see he could do more than mindless comedies. Also, Hoffman has always been one of my favorite actors, so I am glad I finally checked this out, because it was a welcomed surprise and has been one of my favorites since.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Terrific last three sets!

The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly-

Mulholland Drive-

VHS 2-
The Godfather-

12 Angry Men-

LOTR:The Fellowship of The Ring-

Punch-Drunk Love-
+
Silence of the Lambs-
+
Super 8-

Lord High Filmquisitor
The Silence of the Lambs is another 10/10 for me, one which barely misses out of my top 10. Excellent choice.

I haven't seen the other two yet, but Super 8 especially looks very good.

I'd give SotL a solid
as a movie, but it defintely is one of my favorites, and highly rewatchable! I respect your opinion, though!

Sotl is also a favorite of mine.

I couldn't get into Super 8 but there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

Haven't seen Punch Drunk Love, but I will.

82.) Adaptation.

Great cast, highly addictive dialogue, awkward silences and smooth direction. Spike gives the characters life and real troubles and obstacles to face, and I highly recommend this to anyone. Cage is an incredible actor when he wants to be!

81.) Nosferatu

Chilling music, atmosphere, and tension make this a great watch for me and deserved a spot! Simple story, haunting imagery, and seemingly real to me, the shadow of Nosferatu has crept in my nightmares for years. Great flick!

80.) Jaws

.....What really needs to be said....IT'S JAWS! Fantastic movie, great special effects for it's time and even now, and it still scares people to this day. Well, at least me!

Jaws always gets +rep from me. Nosferatu deserves some rep, too. Not seen Adaption thanks to the Cage monster. I might brave it one day, though, as I remember thinking it sounded quite good before I saw he was in it.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I was never a fan of Adaptation, and though I liked it, I was never as much of a Jaws fan as everybody else seems to be. I absolutely love Nosferatu, though (I have weaknesses for horror movies, silent movies and overly-stylized movies, so it's a natural fit for me). The Herzog remake was also very good.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Always nice to see Jaws on a favorite films list.

Another great one there with Jaws; I was planning on seeing it soon as it's been awhile.

Haven't seen the other 2 yet but I have interest in both.

. Not seen Adaption thanks to the Cage monster. I might brave it one day, though, as I remember thinking it sounded quite good before I saw he was in it.
I am not a big Fan of either but it is a good movie give it a go