Submit Your
Comedy
List
The deadline for the Top Comedies of All Time list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

The MOFO Preliminary Discussion of the Top 100 Comedies

→ in
Tools    

Since we're dying in this 3-months-waiting boredom, Can you please share some more info to feed the forum chitchat?
For example: How many titles so far got three or more mentions in the ballots? 🤔
I think, this doesn't violate the confidentiality of the game.

57 movies have three or more ballots.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Can't I didn't warn y'all. I suggest large investments into pesticides and magnets sooner than later.

Submitted a list, don't wanna miss out on another one!

Credit to Diehl for taking this on and good luck, and amazing job by Yoda to give us that ballot creator and automated list PM, makes life so much easier.

Excited to see the variety of films here, definitely one of the most eclectic lists I've ever compiled and I'm guessing most people will be in the same boat.

2001 Monolith spotted at McDonald's Drive Thru
I included a few comedy/dramas and a couple of comedy/romances (not quite rom-coms, but they have romantic elements), so hopefully those are acceptable too.

I haven't been checking this thread, or actually the forum, a whole lot lately... but I'm gonna try to assemble this now. Daunting task, especially when crossing genre lines, which I'm sure has been the issue with most people. Generally speaking, I'm gonna try to stick to what I consider more "pure comedies", instead of romcoms or comedy dramas. Personally, I also won't include animated films, and probably no musicals either, just to make it easier for me to come up with a coherent list. I'm up to 60-something now, but I'm gonna try to trim it down.

Yeah, I've got a rough outline in my head but need to pare it down still.

I'm mostly just going with the things I found funniest, with "funniest" meaning some mix of laughter and long-term admiration. Not as much with the "best overall films that can be reasonably described as comedies" thing, even though I understand why someone would want to go that way. But I won't really be giving films any (or, more realistically, many) points for being good in non-comedic ways.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I haven't been checking this thread, or actually the forum, a whole lot lately... but I'm gonna try to assemble this now. Daunting task, especially when crossing genre lines, which I'm sure has been the issue with most people. Generally speaking, I'm gonna try to stick to what I consider more "pure comedies", instead of romcoms or comedy dramas. Personally, I also won't include animated films, and probably no musicals either, just to make it easier for me to come up with a coherent list. I'm up to 60-something now, but I'm gonna try to trim it down.

All i can reply is to note that the sky is blue, and all the leaves are green. The sun, well, she's warm like a baked pa-tay-tah!

Oh, i shiver in antici-pation to see what makes the count.

o . O

A system of cells interlinked
What gets me is that...this is a movie forum. Surely having even slightly more of an interest in movies than the average person is what draws one here in the first place, and to still struggle to even list 25 titles even after being given several months to do so...I don't know. Maybe permitting partial ballots at all was a mistake.
The idea that someone can't get 25 films on a ballot seems especially absurd as I sit here agonizing over a list of like 68 flicks, trying to get it down to 25, only to be reminded of 30 more that could possibly make my list as I catch up on this thread...