Submit Your
Comedy
List
The deadline for the Top Comedies of All Time list is coming up! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Disney+ series

Tools    

The truth is in here
Even though I know it's just to safeguard themselves after the Solo failure, I think it's a much smarter idea to make it into a TV series, so they really get time to flesh out the character and do some interesting stuff with him beyond just "Hey, eva wunda how Obi-Wan gottis beard?". I hope it's live-action as well, since so far there have only been animated Star Wars shows.

Can't say I want this at all, since I am by no means a fan of the Prequel Trilogy, so if it were to come out, I'd probably end up not watching it, lest it received big-time critical acclaim.

But I seriously doubt this rumor is even true. If we ignore the fact that it's been rumored and shot down several times in the last few years, we also have to take into consideration that Disney have all but(rightfully) ignored the Prequel Trilogy, and have focused on making their Star Wars feel like the Original Trilogy.

2001 Monolith spotted at McDonald's Drive Thru
I'm surprised there's not more talk about this since the trailer came out.
Anyways, I don't see the point of the show. We know it won't change anything. Kenobi and Luke are hiding on Tattooine at the beginning of the show, and they will still be hiding on Tattooine at the end of the show. It's like the movie Solo, which was unnecessary too. It's fan service, nothing more.

Welcome to the human race...
I think you just outlined the reason why there's not more talk about it.

2001 Monolith spotted at McDonald's Drive Thru
not a fan of star wars but i definitely will watch it cause ewan mcgregor and hayden is in it loved their movies!!
So Darth Vader is in it? Well, I suppose the dialogue in A New Hope (ANH) is vague enough that Vader and Obi-Wan could have met between Mustafar and ANH.
Vader [to Obi-Wan]: "When last we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
I had always taken this as a reference to their master-trainee relationship, which ended on Mustafar, but Vader may have meant "learner" in a general way - for example, teaching someone a lesson in combat.

However, the following dialogue is less-vague and makes Vader's appearance more problematic:
Obi-Wan [to Luke]: "Obi-Wan Kenobi? Now that's a name I haven't heard for a long, long, time... since, oh, before you were born."
Technically, Yoda called him "Obi-Wan" just after Luke was born. And I'll be surprised if no one calls him "Obi-Wan" in the Disney+ show, especially Vader (if they meet).
We do know that Kenobi was not telling Luke the truth about Vader, but for what reason would Kenobi lie about the last time he was called Obi-Wan?

ᗢWanda Maximoff-Scarlet WitchᗢElizabeth Olesnᗢ
So Darth Vader is in it? Well, I suppose the dialogue in A New Hope (ANH) is vague enough that Vader and Obi-Wan could have met between Mustafar and ANH.
Vader [to Obi-Wan]: "When last we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
I had always taken this as a reference to their master-trainee relationship, which ended on Mustafar, but Vader may have meant "learner" in a general way - for example, teaching someone a lesson in combat.

However, the following dialogue is less-vague and makes Vader's appearance more problematic:
Obi-Wan [to Luke]: "Obi-Wan Kenobi? Now that's a name I haven't heard for a long, long, time... since, oh, before you were born."
Technically, Yoda called him "Obi-Wan" just after Luke was born. And I'll be surprised if no one calls him "Obi-Wan" in the Disney+ show, especially Vader (if they meet).
We do know that Kenobi was not telling Luke the truth about Vader, but for what reason would Kenobi lie about the last time he was called Obi-Wan?
yes hayden plays darth vader it shows the cast.