Do Men and Women Have Different Taste in Movie?

Tools    

I don't think many people like so called 'chick flicks', most of them are pretty stupid (not all of course). While many action films are well made and enjoyed by both people men and women.
Totally agree. True for me.

Good post Guap. Thanks for listing some stats. It's interesting to see a trend there between what movies men and women prefer. Did you choose those movies at random? Or based on the results? I wonder if there are other 'chick flicks' 'guy flicks' that would break those trends?
I was just thinking about random famous and highly rated movies that showed up in my head.

In honor of International Women's Day, Fandango surveyed over 3,000 female moviegoers between the ages of 18 and 54, to figure out women's movie preferences and habits, and their views on women’s representation in film.
The survey showed that the most popular genre for women was action movies, at 22%. Coming in last was romance/romantic comedies, at 9%. Women are half of the world's population, and the majority of the moviegoers. Perhaps this is why there has been a dramatic shift away from rom-coms and toward action movies in recent years.
The survey also showed that women prefer movies with more diversity, and are more likely to see a movie with dynamic female characters.

... women prefer movies with more diversity, and are more likely to see a movie with dynamic female characters.
Maybe, but there’s no way I am ever gonna see Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, et al.