FromBeyond's 200 Films

→ in
Tools    

I thought I would attempt to make one of these things for myself, don't expect them to be in any particular order or good to bad etc, these are just all movies I liked picked at random from 30 years of watching movies

feel free to leave comments and biscuits... biscuits gets you noticed.

anyway... filums

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

feel free to leave comments and biscuits... biscuits gets you noticed.

anyway... filums

I only have biskies, but I will leave them anyways.

200. Child Of God (2013)

A dispossessed, violent man's life is a disastrous attempt to exist outside the social order.

James Franco proved himself to be more than a pretty face and have grit and depth as a filmmaker (at least for me) as co-writer and director of Child Of God... based on the novel off the same name by Cormac McCarthy and with an incredible lead performance by Scott Haze, some reviews say it doesn't stand up to the novel but isn't that always the case, I enjoyed it anyway.

All I got to say is, keep your paws off Blood Meridian, you damn dirty Franco. That goes for all filmmakers!

I like to watch it too, but not for the same reason Cricket does

Ballard's life is a disastrous attempt to exist outside the social order. Successively deprived of parents and homes and with few other ties, Ballard descends literally and figuratively to the level of a cave dweller as he falls deeper into crime and degradation.
That sounds fascinating. I don't remember too many movies with that subject as it's theme.

199. The Hitcher (1986)

I remember very well when this came on telly late one night when I was about 14 or so, I thought the days of being afraid of movies were in the past, it's no joke that from the opening scene I was longing for somebody else to be in the room with me and I don't think I blinked, this never lets up and scared the hell out of me.

Interrogation Sergeant: What's your name? Come on. What's your name? Do you have a name? Do you have a police record? Where are you from?
John Ryder: Disneyland.

All I got to say is, keep your paws off Blood Meridian, you damn dirty Franco. That goes for all filmmakers!
I have something to tell you..
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs...6OCEoENsIbiec-

I said the same thing about The Road and they didn't listen either.

Groundhog Day (1993)

Okay so this was always going to be in this list some place so here it is, I adore this movie, I've seen a couple of reviews here give it 3 stars which boggles my mind, I think some films you need to see when you are a child without your cynical critic head on to truly appreciate, it's a very nice feel good film with Bill Murray at his dry wise cracking best and a very beautiful Andie McDowell.

195. The Nameless (1999)

..trying to reach the limits of evil... but evil has no limits

This independent Spanish horror film did not frighten me, there was nothing too terrible to see on screen, it is in fact quite slow paced and plays somewhat like a mystery but it is what you come to learn that stays with you and plays upon your darkest fears and a shocking ending that starts a chapter for something.... else. I'm getting dangerously close to spoiler territory so I'll stop here

194. The Langoliers (1995)

...skygina... it's so beautiful

Hammy acting and truly god awful special effects but I loved the novella and I love this film, it's terribleness is like a tonic to me, it's just a rather shoddy but accurate visual portrayal of the novella and I'm done defending myself... sometimes I'm easily pleased. Before somebody say's this was a mini series, it is sold and marketed as a movie filum in the UK and therefore I am including it on my list.