Politically Correct IDIOTS (Steve Martin/Carrie Fisher tweet)

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OMG. Friday night on the internet. Laughed so hard I hurt myself.

Camo's not angry, he just needs a good stiff drink... afterall, it is Saturday Night!

P.S. I only came to this thread for the Steve Martin! (and because Tongo was posting... and together, he and I are two wild and crazy guys!)
@ this post

I myself think stereotypes can be hilarious. But in order for it to work, everyone needs to be able to be made fun of. Black, White, Asian, or whatever. That is why I like a lot of shows that really push a lot of buttons or lampoon the sacred and taboo. I love Blazing Saddles (and Mel Brooks period), South Park, Drawn Together, The Boondocks, The Chappelle Show and the like. All lampoon racial stereotypes in one form of another. Whether it be a clever subversion by satire (South Park or Mel Brooks) or just showing how stupid stereotypes can be (Drawn Together). Comedy is at it's best when it is pushed to the edge and these shows and films do it in their own way.

But stereotypes fail to be funny when they are poorly written. If the stereotypes feel less like comedy and more like a college lecture or were pulled from Stormfront then the show or film starts to come off as mean spirited and flat out unfunny. Just look at Spike Lee and his film Bamboozled.

I will pass on this series of Dear White People. I have not seen the movie the show is based off of for the record. I'm not going to cancel my Netflix subscription since I am too dialed into the Marvel movies and shows, and I do not want to wait for DVD and Blu Ray to see Iron Fist, additional seasons of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, and The Defenders. But if some people want to cancel their subscription because of this series they are free to do so. They are in charge of their own spending and are more then free to tell product makers how they feel with their spending or lack there of.
Another post I wish I could rep twice

Politically Correct Idiocy strike again!

'Dear White People' sparks calls for Netflix boycott

Netflix shared the trailer for its new comedy series Dear White People and some people aren't pleased.

With the announcement that Netflix is set to stream the TV adaptation of the 2014 film Dear White People, some people have cancelled their subscription and are venting their anger on Twitter with the hashtag #BoycottNetflix.
The 10-episode adaptation is based on the 2014 crowd-funded movie of the same name.

Set in a predominantly white Ivy League college, the series focuses on a series of racially insensitive parties that spark tensions on campus and inspire one of the characters to become more direct in her critiques of the school's white student population.

The premise of the show isn't anti-White. It's meant to be provocatively tongue-in-cheek and uncomfortably funny. In fact, the series is hoping to bridge racial divides by highlighting racial tensions that are generally ignored.

But it all kicked off on Twitter when Tim Treadstone, a former Buzzfeed writer who has since become an outspoken member of the so-called alt-right Twitter mob under his @BakedAlaska handle, argued that Dear White People was promoting "white genocide" and encouraged his followers to cancel their Netflix subscriptions in protest.
Director Justin Simien has responded to the backlash on Facebook: "When the first trailer for the film dropped, I'll admit the deluge of claims that I was a reverse racist and a 'piece of [expletive] monkey that should shut up and go back to Africa' really hurt," Simien wrote.

"But now, I feel strangely encouraged. To see the sheer threat that people feel over a date announcement video featuring a woman of color (politely) asking not to be mocked makes it so clear why I made this show."

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-35440153.html

Remember when I said All In The Family couldnt air today because some politically correct idiots would be offended, well heres proof of it.

Disgusting
I changed the link on the post kicking off this current topic. Not sure if its a more authentic source but its worded more tactfully.

For those who like movies that are not PC I highly recommend this. I seem to recall it caused a stir in UK at the time.

For those who like movies that are not PC I highly recommend this. I seem to recall it caused a stir in UK at the time.

Please dont derail the thread again I strongly suggest you make your own chat thread on the forum to direct any off-thread topic conversations that start up. Many members do have one.

Ohh, didnt realise I was derailing. You no likey my song, broo?

I was just giving him a gratuitous bump. He should be wearing a loin cloth and fanning me with a peacock fan. *loud crying face*

I was just giving him a gratuitous bump. He should be wearing a loin cloth and fanning me with a peacock fan. *loud crying face*
Oh dont be mad. If you ever feel the need to post off thread topic convo, just go here

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=40647

I wasn't mad but I am now because you haven't oiled yourself up, put on a loin cloth and fanned me with a peacock fan. What on earth am I paying you $1 a day to do, cabana boy? Go get me a gin and tonic, toot sweet!

I'm just amused that two people in this thread misrepresented two of my posts. My video link is totally on point. PC idiots tried to get this parody movie silenced. Didn't work. No one cares about the 'wont you think of the children' censorship brigade any more.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Steve Irwin was an idiot.

I'm glad he's dead.