Missing Obama

Tools    

He was unable to uphold his immigration policies.
You're handwaving A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS when you say that, including the wall you mention later.

If you're talking about the "Muslim Ban" as I suspect, it's no failure on Trump's part for trying. He had an idea, he got into office, and other people beat it down. As far as I'm aware, aspects of it still remain in play including the annual refugee limit. Like other orders he'd pushed, it wasn't thoroughly thought out, but if it's true that the basic premise of putting a halt on immigration from select countries was court declined then it's also true that this is gross judiciary overreach.

Originally Posted by Cobpyth
He was unable to repeal Obamacare.
Like your previous question you seem to be assuming the last word has been said on the matter.

They're redrafting the AHCA now and the worst part of Obamacare has already been crippled by his first executive order. Even if his replacement is "Obamacare minus the federal mandate" (which I'm sure it won't be), I'd say he succeeded.

Where's the wall that Mexico is going to pay for?
Of all his promises, that one was always going to be the furthest off, that's a huge national project. I think it's a fair bit unreasonable to expect anything much beyond early planning within his first year.

Where are his protectionist economic policies?
Good question, as I've already mentioned I'm not especially informed on this topic and I've heard little regarding it on the grapevine, so I simply can't say.

One thing I can say is that sufficiently restrictive environmental regulations can drive companies overseas to take advantage of looser policy. Hypothetically, the cost of satifying existing national environmental policies could do MORE damage than it prevents (policies which Trump is beginning to mitigate, which reduces the disincentive to outsource production).

The pros and cons of environmental regulation are a different issue of course.

Where's the complete destruction of ISIS?
What'd he say, the US could do that in a month? Yeah, hell no, that wasn't going to happen.

To say the least, I think you put an extraordinarily unrealistic amount of expectations on Trump. No way could half of that be accomplished in a month by even the most intelligent human we could muster. It's also difficult to excuse interpreting his promises of the moon to mean he's either failed to deliver on the spirit of his promises or he never intended what he said.

He's done nothing truly substantial in his first month as POTUS, except failing. He's a very ineffective president so far, in my opinion.
That's a neat way of excluding "insubstantial" things he's done. In either case I disagree, and can hardly think of an "effective" president you could contrast him with.

I'll show them to you just as soon as you show me posts where he stubbornly refuses to admit Obama's done anything wrong, tried to answer criticisms by changing the subject over and over, or lashed out at me personally for asking questions.

Where are those? Oh, there are none? Then I guess this is just another blatant false equivalence.

Show me the post where I "stubbornly refuse to admit Trump's done anything wrong," because that sounds a lot like you re-writing history to suit yourself.

Where have you? Show me an example. All I can recall, in over a year and a half, are maybe two vague allusions to "flaws" without an admission or concession on any one specific thing.

I'll show them to you just as soon as you show me posts where he stubbornly refuses to admit Obama's done anything wrong, tried to answer criticisms by changing the subject over and over, or lashed out at me personally for asking questions.
So you can't find Tongo's posts where he does that?

And you can't find mine?

LOL

Where have you? Show me an example.
If you want to claim an equivalence to TONGO, show me posts where TONGO has consistently behaved like you have. If you can't, then it's just another false equivalence.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Because you didn't assault Tongo for supporting a liar.
Where has Yoda 'assaulted' anyone? Good grief.

Where has Yoda 'assaulted' anyone? Good grief.
This entire year he has character assassinated Donald Trump and his voters.

Because you didn't assault Tongo for supporting a liar.
Are you even reading the posts at this point?

"...show me posts where TONGO has consistently behaved like you have. If you can't, then it's just another false equivalence."

Since all politicians lie, I assume pretty much everyone is willing to support a liar. But most of them don't try to pretend otherwise, or refuse to admit to anything, or change the subject and lash out personally when confronted with facts they don't like. That's the difference.

Give me a break, Nostro. People all around the world are discussing Trump and what he's been getting up to. That's not assault - no one so far has punched him in the head, but you're saying in these two threads the forum owner is 'assaulting' you because he's debating. That's ridiculous.
Google tells me there are 16,500,000 forums on the net to discuss your president. Surely you can find at least one where the forum owner completely agrees with your every post.

And getting back to your complaint that the forum owner moved your shouts, it;s pretty obvious why. He also moved mine and cat's. You don't see us crying about it. It was the correct thing to do.

What do you think it says about "Donald Trump and his voters" that when I merely quote him back to you, you think of it as character assassination?

Maybe you've just got really thin skin. I've argued with lots of people about Obama, Hillary, whatever. None of them have complained as much as you have about the mere act of being argued with. None of them have been so desperate to feel like a victim for the arduous task of--gasp--being asked questions about their stated positions.

And really, speech as assault? What's next, enumerating my anti-Trump microaggressions?

And really, speech as assault? What's next, enumerating my anti-Trump microaggressions?
When is speech assault? When it's aggravated, Yoda. Verbal guns and all.

It's assault because when Obama lies, you don't harass his supporters for eternity about it.

You have a double standard.

I miss Barry and Michelle. Are they still on holidays? I see his speaking engagements will be $400,000US. Not bad for an hour or so.

What the hell are you talking about? I argued with them in hundreds of posts across YEARS. Please, enlighten us with your definition of "harassment" that includes what's happened to you, but somehow excludes that.

For a double standard to exist, two situations have to be comparable. If they're comparable, then you must have lots of examples of Obama supporters behaving just like you have (personal attacks, stonewalling on simple questions, etc) without me pointing it out. Let's see 'em. If you don't have any, then the situations aren't comparable, and there's no double standard, simple.

Oh, and just for good measure: why don't you explain the logical connection between double standards and truth. Let's say I did have a double standard: how would that change what Trump said, or preclude you from explaining why it wasn't a lie? Explain its relevance to that question, please.

And getting back to your complaint that the forum owner moved your shouts, it;s pretty obvious why. He also moved mine and cat's. You don't see us crying about it. It was the correct thing to do.

I have never seen so much whining about someone asking a few questions IN MY LIFE. Butthurt? More like buttdevastated. Jesus!