Movie fact game

Tools    

Sorry if there is something else already like this but I thought it would be fun and interesting idea for a game, the first poster will say a film and the next person will say a random fact about that film and then leave a film for the next poster, so I'll start.

Rambo (1982)

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I'd hate to see this game die due to lack of interest, so I'll give it a shot. I'm a bit confused which movie you mean but since you included the year 1982 I assume you are talking about First Blood, and not the sequels Rambo: First Blood Part 2 (1985) or Rambo (2008):

First Blood was the first non-Rocky film that starred Sylvester Stallone that wasn't considered a financial failure.

Rebecca (1940)

I'd hate to see this game die due to lack of interest, so I'll give it a shot. I'm a bit confused which movie you mean but since you included the year 1982 I assume you are talking about First Blood, and not the sequels Rambo: First Blood Part 2 (1985) or Rambo (2008):

First Blood was the first non-Rocky film that starred Sylvester Stallone that wasn't considered a financial failure.

Rebecca (1940)
LOL..although I read this supposed fact on the IMDb, I double checked and it's not true.
The distinction of the first non-Rocky film starring Sylvester Stallone that did not bomb at the box office actually belongs to Nighthawks released a year earlier. So here is my new fact ( and I hope it's correct):

The bridge out of town in First Blood in real life is actually the same bridge that was used as the bridge into Canada in the movie We're No Angels (1985)

lol I forgot I had even done this..

Due to the success of this film in Spain, the specific jackets that Joan Fontaine wears during the film began to be known as "rebecas". The word "rebeca" is still used nowadays to refer to this item of clothing.

Harvey (1950)

Harvey was remade twice for television: once in 1972, and a second time in 1996 starring Harry Anderson as Elwood .P. Dowd. Steven Spielberg also planned to direct a remake in 2009 which never happened.. In 2014, another planned remake was announced, this time to be directed by Pete Segal.

Paint Your Wagon (1969)

^ not sure I'd like to see any other version of that movie

Paint Your Wagon was released at a time when musicals were rapidly going out of fashion, the film was notoriously over budget and behind schedule, opening to mostly negative reviews. It was not the huge box-office success that the producers had hoped it would be. Clint Eastwood's experiences on this film inspired him to form his own production company (Malpaso), saying that working on this picture had shown him how NOT to make a movie.

Cube (1997)

I'm assuming you are talking about the 1960 film instead of the one with the same title from 2016.

In the 2002 American remake of The Ring, the muffled voice of a young boy singing can be heard when the cursed video is played, Supposedly it was taken from the soundtrack of The Innocents..

On Golden Pond

There is a scene near the beginning of On Golden Pond where Norman (Henry Fonda) stops at a dockside gas station to fuel his boat and gets teased by young teenage boy about being old and Norman blows up at the boy. The boy was played by Christopher Rydell, the real life son of the film's director, Mark Rydell.

The King & I

The real-life Anna Leonowens, played by Deborah Kerr in The King & I, was the maternal aunt of Boris Karloff.

Eating Raoul

Doris Day has claimed Calamity Jane was her favorite movie role.

Capricorn One

At the time of the picture's release, Hollywood aviation expert Frank Tallman said of the film's dogfight flying finale between a bi-plane and two helicopters: "It is the most dangerous and complex aerial sequence ever executed for a movie".

Little Miss Sunshine

Paul Dano, who played the 15-year-old Dwayne, was twenty-two, only twelve years younger than Toni Collette, who played his mother.

Paint Your Wagon
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I will go ahead and respond even though Paint Your Wagon was already addressed earlier on this page,

A singer named Anita Gordon did all of Jean Seberg's singing in the film.

The Apartment

The Apartment (1960) was the last movie shot entirely in black and white to win Best Picture until The Artist at the 2012 ceremony. Four of the ten winners in the 1950s had been shot in black and white (Marty, On the Waterfront, From Here to Eternity, and All About Eve).

The Dirty Dozen

The Dirty Dozen was MGM's most money-making movie for 1967.

Breaking Away

Barbara Barrie, Jackie Earle Haley, and John Ashton all reprised their roles in the short-lived television series based on the film that premiered during the 1980/1981 season on ABC. It only aired seven episodes before being canceled. Shaun Cassidy played Dave Stoller and Vincent Gardenia played his father Raymond.

The Ice Pirates

Nogales, Arizona (where the film was shot) was declared an honorary part of Oklahoma for the period of shooting, by the governor.

Dune