Craptastic TV Shows of my Youth

Tools    

At first I was like: Jebus, how much TV did you watch? Then I noticed there were other members posting. Then I noticed that you still watched a ton of shows. So now I'm still like: Jebus, how much TV did you watch?

Then again, I guess if I really thought about it, I could cull up about ten or so shows I enjoyed when I was younger as well. Thing is... "when I was younger" was only a few years ago for me, so I guess my memory is really effed.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
er PN, i grew up in an era, where we didnt have more than 3 or 4 channels (and 1 of them was in french) until i was 12 or 13, when my pops re-located to an area that had "cable TV" which added about 7 channels.

No internet either of course.

yeah 30 years from now when your kids can think of a show and it pops into view (or whatever the technology of the day is), you'll prolly appear just as kooky for explaining how the internet used to work.

Here's two real bad TV shows. The Jerry Springer Show and My Mother the Car.

Semper Fooey
My Mother the Car has been called the worst show on television, but it wasn't. It lasted a season and actually had two top comedy writers behind it, not their finest hour, but considering the idiotic premise, was fairly well executed. Much worse and not lasting the season was the 1960s version of Blondie. Not even Jim Backus as Mr. Withers could save it with a horribly miscast Will Hutchens as Dagwood stinking up the airwaves.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Speaking of Saturday Mornings..Check out these production Values !!

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

&feature=related

Deidre Hall!

Those weren't the Best Days of her Lives.

hows this for a concept.

Former bunco detective Frank MacBride joins forces with a con artist he once sent to jail, Pete Ryan, to operate their own private detective agency. Most of their cases involve running cons on the bad guys in order to trick them into surrendering or revealing the whereabouts of the stolen loot, jewels, etc. Maggie was their cute receptionist, and wacky restauranteur Malcolm, whose mastery of disguise often came in handy in helping MacBride and Ryan on their cases, provided the comic relief.
From the mind of David Chase, best known today as creator of the Sopranos, but also wrote several episodes of The Rockford Files and Kolchack the Night Stalker comes

Switch

Semper Fooey

That Elektra Woman slipped by my radar. Was that Spiderwoman in that clip?

Gunny, did you bother reading the OP? neither Jerry Springer nor any soap opera qualifies as Craptastic.

What we are looking for here is for folks to share the high concept , ie goofy premise that somehow someone thought enough of it to give it a go on the telly.

Semper Fooey
Another show worse than My Mother the Car. To try to save it, they tried to change the concept by having the cavemen return to the present. It still sucked. Look who the director was.