Movies That Have Put You to Sleep

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Pretty sure there isn't a thread like this yet.

I think we've all dozed off during a promising or not so promising movie or two. Maybe they weren't that bad and couldn't hold your attention. Whatever the case, what flicks have sent you snoozing?

Here are a couple of mine:

The only film that's put me to sleep is this one.

Although I only fell asleep watching it once, it took 5 attempts before I was able to make it through the Worlds Most Boring Film start to finish.

I fell asleep during Inglourious Basterds last night, What I have seen so far was a good movie. I just didn't start it till 9:00 and I had a long week and would have fell asleep watching Star Wars. So I guess I will finish it tonight.

A lot of movies put me to sleep, especially British movies

From the reviews I was expecting to be blown away with suspense while watching this. However, I literally fell asleep off and on until they finally got to the main event. I thought it was a great story, but very stretched out.

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

A lot of movies put me to sleep, especially British movies
oi!
really though? which ones?

The one I closed my eyes in recently was Avatar. Instead of sleeping I usually find myself compliling my shopping list. Ones I remember doing that in are Vanilla Sky, Revolutionary Road and Saw.

I don't consider movies I rent and fall asleep to to be a bad thing, but at the theater, that's when I practically demand my money back.
Doesn't happen often but I did get a free movie ticket after complaining about falling asleep to 10,000 BC. I explained to the manager that I would rather have seen another movie than that one, and told him that I knew that they didn't really make any money off of ticket sales but out of concessions and after arguing for a bit he caved. Used the ticket later for Wall-e...big improvement there.

My Mom on the other hand falls asleep at the drop of a hat. Her best story is when she took me to see Pocahontas. She says she remembers when the boat arrived to America and woke up when it left. And she says she'll see the movie again in a minute since it was the best nap she's ever had

The only film that's put me to sleep is this one.

Although I only fell asleep watching it once, it took 5 attempts before I was able to make it through the Worlds Most Boring Film start to finish.
"Blaspheeeeeeeeeeeeeeemer!!!"

Gee, two of my favorite movies have already made this thread.

But for me Tempest, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and V for Vendetta.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Maybe we should just rename this thread "Movies I Watched When I Was Sleepy, 'Knew Better'... or a Hardass"?

Any movie will put me to sleep if I'm tired. Otherwise I can get through it.

Maybe we should just rename this thread "Movies I Watched When I Was Sleepy, 'Knew Better'... or a Hardass"?
I'm not including films that I fell asleep watching when I was really tired or in bed. If you've been awake for 20 hours and you're watching a film in the dark, then falling asleep isn't a big surprise (though I've not done it myself.) That's why the only film I've mentioned is 2001, because the second time I tried to watch it I fell asleep. That didn't even happen with The Shining (which is probably the 2nd most boring film made)

Of course it would've been better if Drew was in it. What a ridiculous question. Not trolling, though. I think my views on how boring I find 2001 (along with many other classics) are fairly well documented around here. I was just being honest.

If it's really late at night, I'll fall asleep during the most exhilarating of movies, sure, but a movie I watched during the day with a full night's sleep that made me catch a few Z's was Quantum of Solace, the most recent 007 installment. Boring boring boring, that flick was.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I almost fell asleep in the movie theater watching Gods and Generals.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I fell asleep watching "Inglorious Bastards", I think I might have made it halfway, but all that it seemed to be, was tons and tons of boring, useless dialogue. I'm not even interested in finishing it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Getting through Traffic was fairly painful for me. I know that a lot of people don't mind/like that movie but it is just one of the worst for me.