Thor

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Apparently Thor is a bum man.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Hopefully the producers weren't counting on huge weekend numbers from Scandinavian countries.

http://boycott-thor.com/

The Boycott Thor facebook page has broken the 1,000 member milestone. An interesting trend has already emerged.
About 24% of all the facebook fans are from Sweden, which has a population roughly the size of the US state of North Carolina. The fact that so many Swedes have already joined an American based English language facebook page shows that Scandinavians are really reacting negatively towards the upcoming film.
It should be noted that movies produced by Marvel average about half their gross revenue overseas. When I first started this page, much of what I discussed with friends was the fact that Marvel would likely market the film heavily in Northern Europe. That and the fact that the movie insults the very people who would be most interested in the subject matter

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Only seen 3 reviews so far but they have all been really, really positive so my expectations are being raised all the time.

Really intigued by this summer's superhero line-up. You've got a couple of period films with X-Men and Captain America and Thor obviously isn't your standard superhero film, much more fantasy and mythology based. I just hope they are all a success both critically and commercially so that they continue to branch out and try new things

X-Men is the only one out of the superhero films I was even gonna bother seeing. And that's based on the strength of Vaughn's Kick Ass. But if reviews for this end up being overwhelmingly positive I might give it a go.

ComicBookResources.com claims Thor is the best Marvel movie to date in their review:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=31910
High praise indeed. Last I checked it was like 34 to 1 positive. (With one guy from Brisbane looking like an Arnold White wannabe, being negative just for the sake of being the lone bad guy) It's fun to gage some reaction to a point because it helps with the hype and I enjoy the lead up to event films like this one. Still, at the end of the day whether it's 94% or 9% it really doesn't matter to me. I trust my own opinion more than all the critics put together. Everything I've read and seen from cast and crew tells me they got it right and I can't wait to see this film.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
For those interested in having a look at a review before deciding on seeing this one, I've got one up: HERE

there's a frog in my snake oil
I just can't get over this being a Kenneth 'Luvvy' Branagh flick. Bizarre.

Went to see this yesterday and found it to be tremendously good fun. Really well done, especially considering how bad it could easily have been. Would fall somewhere between 8.5 and 9 for me in terms of just sheer enjoyment. Would like to see it again before deciding how it compares with Iron Man

Will maybe try and write up a little review later on

Went to see this yesterday and found it to be tremendously good fun. Really well done, especially considering how bad it could easily have been. Would fall somewhere between 8.5 and 9 for me in terms of just sheer enjoyment. Would like to see it again before deciding how it compares with Iron Man

Will maybe try and write up a little review later on
Saw it myself and literally loved every minute. I'm obviously a fan and was NOT let down at all. Right now, without seeing it again, I call it even better than Iron Man. Sure, Iron Man has the RDJ factor that trumps most everything but Thor was just so well done. Better action and even more heart.

Saw it myself and literally loved every minute. I'm obviously a fan and was NOT let down at all. Right now, without seeing it again, I call it even better than Iron Man. Sure, Iron Man has the RDJ factor that trumps most everything but Thor was just so well done. Better action and even more heart.
Glad that you loved it as well. Was really great fun

Tough to call for me between Thor and Iron Man. Would need to see Thor again I think before I could make a decision. Thor is perhaps a more fun film but as you say Iron Man has the RDJ factor so it's very close

You have given really a nice photos.

A system of cells interlinked
Make that a

Those costumes suck....
Huh? Color me surprised - These were some of the most spot on renditions of the costumes in a comic film yet. Loki's garb was PERFECT, and Thor's matches the comics exactly. I just do not understand this complaint. The costumes were perfect. Publicity shots never come off well with super-hero stuff. Without the film production behind the garb, it can look costume-like.

I will concede that Hopkins didn't exactly rock his attire, and it does look like a costume in the publicity shot. Still, i remarked a couple of times while watching how exact Loki's costume looked when compared to the comics.