Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Going try and catch Me Earl and The Dying girl some point before the weeks out. It's playing at the theater here but who knows for how long. Been dying to see it after it killed at Sundance.

I shall report back when I do.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Care for some gopher?
Speed (USA, 1994, Jan de Bont) -
+

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) -

!!!

Liked it more than Halloween and They Live. Only The Thing is better!

The ice truck scene is disturbing! Does anyone know if there was a similar scene before in American cinema? I mean Hays Code was long gone, but it was still impressive the producer agreed to keep this scene.

Also, the ending is the best thing ever. Seriously, the scene with the policemen in the fog, and then the trio ready for a melee fight! And the one liner. AWESOME!

The movie is pretty straightforward thriller/action, but it's so genuine and made with heart put into it, it becomes something more.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Last night on Netflix. Perfectly paired with a bowl of Cheez-It crackers. Hitman's car is stolen and puppy killed, so he goes on an all-out killing spree. Great action, good martial arts, shooting, stabbing, and fun cameos. I like the kind of alternate killer-world, particularly the Continental Hotel, where killers check in for a rest. (Chuckle.)

Granted, this vengeance movie shamelessly panders to the justified rage of a righteous, loving man. He has hitman skillz though, and his puppy was killed, so he's not a psychopath. I think being cut in front of in a Starbucks line would've been a more compelling motivation and set a different tone, but that's just me.

4 out of 5. Way stupid and enjoyable, but hey, I'm an American.

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) -

!!!

Liked it more than Halloween

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You better tell me if there was some child-killing in American cinema before that, mark f!

Hold on. We're going to the judge's scorecard.

82. Assault On Precinct 13 (1976)

93. Halloween (1978)
There we go. While close, Assault On Precinct 13 is indeed the better film. We thank you for your patience.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Hold on. We're going to the judge's scorecard.

There we go. While close, Assault On Precinct 13 is indeed the better film. We thank you for your patience.
Not if I have anything to say about it.

Assault on Presinct 13

Halloween
+

Both are top 3 Carpenters for me though.

The General (1926)

If I would've known beforehand how little I would laugh during this movie, I would've thought it a complete failure. I could not have predicted the amount of excitement this movie has, even by today's standards. I can't get over how beautifully filmed it is, and the soundtrack is also excellent. It's not quite an upper-echelon favorite for me now, but I wonder if that has to do with it being something I didn't expect. I think I'll like it even more when I watch it again.