Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fury (2014) - another American war film where Americans are heroes and Germans are pure evil and good guys die in order to make you cry. Also lots of blood and bodies squashed by tanks.Please don't forget some cheesy love side story and some preachy dialogue and Bible quotations from tough handsome American soldiers. I think I've seen this film before, only named [insert random American war movie title here] 5/10
I didn't see the Americans as heroes, since they basically almost raped innocent female civilians. Also, the Germans are not 'pure evil', which is evident by the very last scene.

The 'love story' isn't a love story, just a moment in the guys life. He wasn't in love, he jus met her. He was pissed about the innocence lost in that moment.

I think you 'missed' this film entirely.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Anyway...

Bad Johnson - A man's penis controls his life to the point where he can't stay faithful to anyone. One night he wishes he penis would leave him alone...then he wakes up without one. His penis has taken human form and he's a dick...get it? Funny performances and an interesting premise help this obviously bad film crawl along the finish line, but there simply isn't enough comedy here to justify a watch.

Premature - A young kid is stuck in a groundhog like repetitive day where each time he ejaculates, the day starts over. Funny? Not really. Obvious sex jokes, crude dialogue and predictable outcomes make the film stale.

Birdman - A one time mega star of a comic book film tries to find himself and reclaim some sort of artistry with his stage play. Keaton and co. are all solid and the flowing camera work is beautiful to watch. I'm hoping Keaton takes the trophy home come Oscar night.

Had a few I watched on Netflix

Ok this movie convinced me of one thing. Lake Bell is a star. She wrote and directed and starred in this which automatically gets my respect for the ambition. On top of it it's a really cool little flick. Everything works well. Lake Bell is one charming chick. I hope she gets a big break soon because she has it (whatever it is). Strong performance from her. It's about the voice over industry for trailers and commercials. It's a neat idea for a movie because you don't think to explore something like that. It's a really charming little film that makes you smile.

I'd give it 4 out of 5

Next up

Been trying to watch some classics that I have never seen and should. Listen as I've always said with older movies like this I can appreciate them for the foundation they laid in cinematic history but they don't really resonate with me like the movies of today or I grew up with. Did I enjoy it? Most certainly. Am I going run back and watch it again soon? No. And that's a major component of my favorite movies, if I can watch them over and over again. Anyways, strong performances all around and come on it's Jack of course he killed it. Felt like every scene was important to the end result. The twist at the end most have been very provocative in the 70s it would be now too. I most certainly see why this movie is so respected.

3.5 out of 5

Next

Again an older movie so I'm not running back to see it again. But I see why it's beloved too. The scenes where they are they are following the people were a bit tedious to me. But the car chase was cool. Most of you have probably already seen it so I'll save you the time.

3 out of 5

Finally Today

Had my eye on this since last sundance. Found it on Netflix. Fassbender was great per usual even thou you don't see his face. About a band that recruits a keyboard player. Then they go off and try to record an album. Anyways it's kind of a strange flick. Get out of it what you will. It was pretty entertaining but I felt if it went in a different direction could have been really strong. But it's kind of one of those artsy movies that you can draw meanings from. It's worth a watch maybe two but nothing memorable to me.

Light 3 out of 5.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Exploitation Films Lover
The Dance Of Reality- 10/10

Bravo! Alejandro is a genius, I'm sad because his childhood, and he make it so surrealistic, and the visuals was amazing. It's pleasure to watch this film (by the way the film is disturbing there are some full nudity and some gore)

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders 1970 (Czech: Valerie a týden divů)
A "coming of age" story like no other. It is also the story of a girl on the brink of adulthood. A must-see for fans of poetic horror... If you like the surreal, this movie is an absolute treasure...

recommended by MovieGal

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
The Magnificent Ambersons (Welles) - I couldn't believe I was so disappointed! I don't even want to rate this and hurt someone's feelings.
Which part were you disappointed by?

I quite liked Land Of The Dead, though I'd probably only give it another half a popcorn, but that's a good rating from me. It's not Night or Dawn, of course, but I liked it a hell of a lot more than Day or Diary.

I haven't seen Survival (it just looked too awful), I'd swap Day and Land around and Dawn is 5/5 for me but, otherwise I'm with you on those ratings.

Jackie Brown

Still as good as ever, the restrained approach works very well, Tarantino should try another slow movie. He seems to be good at it.

90 minutes of violence and n-word usage isn't enough for Quentin to get off on.

The American sniper