Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I haven't seen Femme Fatale yet either so thanks for the reminder; I think I'll watch it this week. De Palma is one of my favorite directors. I've seen 15 of his movies; the worst being The Black Dahlia, Wise Guys, and The Bonfire of the Vanities. Everything else I've either really liked or loved.

The Last film i watched was short term 12. it was quite good. really low key but the subject matter hit like a ton of bricks. Fantastic work from brie larsen. i'd give it a solid 7.5/10

Biutiful (2010)

I'm a fan of Inarrito. And this didn't disappoint. It took half an hour to get going, but after that I was captivated. Bardem puts in a phenomenal performance in my opinion. He's brilliant. And I think the casting in general is also very well chosen. It's one of those existentialism films that makes you think about life. And it's beautifully shot.

9/10

The Family (2013)

3/10. woeful

Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles (1975)

Mixed feelings on this one. I didn't hate it like I thought I would. I thought the acting was very good, I liked how the film looked, and I have to give it credit for trying something different. Also, I wasn't quite as bored as I expected to be. But really, if this bitch had a dishwasher, the running time would be cut in half. Endless scenes of nothing does not make a great movie. I actually got excited when she went out to the shoe repair shop, or out to find a button. I guess maybe the whole point is to lull the viewer into a certain state of mind. If that's the case, it seems to me the makers don't think that highly of the audience. I'm sure supporters of the film will disagree, and maybe they're right. I don't know, I guess it's just a matter of how you want to look at it. Sure, I felt the character's misery. How could I miss it? As far as the ending goes, I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I wonder if this is a movie it's fans can watch over and over? All in all, I think it's far too limited to be a great film, but I'd be comfortable with saying it's a great experiment in film.

Unregistered User
Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles (1975)

Mixed feelings on this one. I didn't hate it like I thought I would. I thought the acting was very good, I liked how the film looked, and I have to give it credit for trying something different. Also, I wasn't quite as bored as I expected to be. But really, if this bitch had a dishwasher, the running time would be cut in half. Endless scenes of nothing does not make a great movie. I actually got excited when she went out to the shoe repair shop, or out to find a button. I guess maybe the whole point is to lull the viewer into a certain state of mind. If that's the case, it seems to me the makers don't think that highly of the audience. I'm sure supporters of the film will disagree, and maybe they're right. I don't know, I guess it's just a matter of how you want to look at it. Sure, I felt the character's misery. How could I miss it? As far as the ending goes, I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I wonder if this is a movie it's fans can watch over and over? All in all, I think it's far too limited to be a great film, but I'd be comfortable with saying it's a great experiment in film.
This has been on my watchlist for a while, after that, i think it might stay there a bit longer.

I am not dissappointed.

I loved this movie. Yet another Scorsese classic and another AMAZING performance from DeNiro. It leaves you with a lot to think about and it had me entertained all the way through. Jerry Lewis gives a great performance too. I'm going to be thinking about this one for a while, and I'll probably watch it again very soon.

The only slightest problem I had was that Sandra Bernhard was a little too ugly and creepy for me. She had a good performance but she creeped me out way too much, even though I think the movie was going for that anyway. It won't take my rating down at all though.

I loved The King of Comedy and I reccomend it to any Scorsese fan and especially to any fan of DeNiro.

I agree with your rating

I love this movie!

It's the most underrated and overlooked Martin Scorsese/Robert Deniro film.

Deniro delivers his best performance to date, in my opinion, as Rupert Pupkin.

This has been on my watchlist for a while, after that, i think it might stay there a bit longer.
I don't think you'd like it, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it, because there are those who think it's brilliant. She does a little whoring on the side which I appreciate, but most of it's 3 hour+ runtime is watching her do her daily chores. You could always have some fun by incorporating a drinking game; say take a sip everytime a dish is washed, but you would probably pass out after 20 minutes.

Unregistered User
I don't think you'd like it, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it, because there are those who think it's brilliant. She does a little whoring on the side which I appreciate, but most of it's 3 hour+ runtime is watching her do her daily chores. You could always have some fun by incorporating a drinking game; say take a sip everytime a dish is washed, but you would probably pass out after 20 minutes.
I'll keep that in mind and maybe not watch it on a school night then. Maybe the thought that it has an abrupt and brutal ending that i can look forward to might help!??

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Femme Fatale (2002)
+
It's OK.
I don't share your enthusiasm. I think other De Palma flicks are much better.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'll keep that in mind and maybe not watch it on a school night then. Maybe the thought that it has an abrupt and brutal ending that i can look forward to might help!??
I don't know. Quite honestly, when she finally left the house after the first hour, I was just as shocked. The ending is not what we would classify as brutal in any way. I really didn't feel like the ending helped me, but it does bring closure in a way.

But really, if this bitch had a dishwasher, the running time would be cut in half.
You could always have some fun by incorporating a drinking game; say take a sip everytime a dish is washed, but you would probably pass out after 20 minutes.
I haven't seen the film, but this made my laugh

It's OK.
I don't share your enthusiasm. I think other De Palma flicks are much better.
I still prefer Body Double, Blow Out and possibly Carlito's Way over it. It's one of his best films, in my opinion. Definitely in my personal top 5 favorites of what I've seen from him (11 films so far).

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Serpico, just watched again last night. 5 stars for sure. Fantastic film, and Pacino was beautiful in all his nasally glory.

Entertaining, funny, and unique.

Election was unexpectedly enjoyable. I thought it would be a mediocre comedy about a boring school election story. I was wrong. This movie is like Goodfellas for high schoolers. Many characters narrate different parts of the movie. This is entertaining, and it makes it interesting to hear each side of the story. The movie is also very well shot, and uses visual comedy to it's advantage, making it a step above most comedies which usually have strictly dialogue based or slapstick comedy. The dialogue is written well, and the characters are interesting and funny. The performances in this movie are also very good. I can see why Alexander Payne became popular after this movie. It's well made, well told, and well acted. A lot of comedies end abruptly without wrapping everything up very well, but Election does not do that. Every storyline in the movie has an ending and it makes the movie very satisfying.

I will say that the movie did feel a bit long. Some scenes probably could have been cut short, but it's ok because I still enjoyed it nonetheless and don't feel like I wasted my time watching it. If you want to watch a good comedy that's well made, entertaining and funny, then watch Election.

Fire walk with me.