The Horror Movie Crew !

→ in
Tools    

Exploitation Films Lover
Sorry about my English but i will try to write good haha
Deep Red- by Dario Argento the most recommend here i think..
Blood and Black Lace- by Mario Bava
Pink Flamingos- a trash film by John Waters, a lot of fun and disturbing scene
Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror- A horror zombie film
House (1977)- Very psycho movie a lot of colors xD
Tokyo Gore Police- A lot of gore and very fun.
The Toxic Avenger- like "Tokyo Gore Police" a lot of gore and very fun but its more disturbing the Tokyo gore police.
Santa Sangre- A film by my favorite director Alejandro Jodorowsky, i think this movie is very "artist" and so beautiful, very recommend.
City of the Living Dead- A zombie horror film, very different i think from the others zombie films..
Anthropophagus- Nice movie with some disturbing scene.

i will write more tomorrow i think, well have fun

Let the night air cool you off
Thanks for posting in here. I thought your taste was interesting from your top ten, and I was proven right! I love House and I am a big fan of The Toxic Avenger. All the others I still need to see with the exception of Deep Red. I would like to revisit Deep Red though, the first time I saw it I didn't love it. It was right after I saw Suspiria, and I was blown away by it which skyrocketed my expectations for Deep Red to unreasonable levels.

Exploitation Films Lover
Thanks for posting in here. I thought your taste was interesting from your top ten, and I was proven right! I love House and I am a big fan of The Toxic Avenger. All the others I still need to see with the exception of Deep Red. I would like to revisit Deep Red though, the first time I saw it I didn't love it. It was right after I saw Suspiria, and I was blown away by it which skyrocketed my expectations for Deep Red to unreasonable levels.
thank you very much!!
I am so glad you like "house"! great movie. and about Toxic Avenger i remember how i was exited when i see all of the gore in the film lol and you know i watch the others Toxic Avenger films and i didn't love them, i don't think they are good as the first.
And yea my friend told me to not come with a big expectations for movies D
I saw Deep Red and then Suspiria, and i love deep red then Suspiria lol
well if you give a rewatch i hope you will enjoy a great film.

I never really understood suspiria. I mean why is it good? I tried not to be too critical, but I was so excited when I bought it. I had heard a lot about it. But I found the cinematography pretty terrible, and well the plot and acting weren't good either. I don't know, it was a huge let down for me. I mean I think it was pretty revelutionary for it's genre, and it actually was pretty creepy. But the sound was also really bad. I just didn't like it at all. Deep Red was great though.

You guys should check out House of Whipchord. It's my favorite horror movie from the 70's.

While I agree that the plot and acting are not anything special, I was immersed in the atmosphere, colors, music, and I actually like the cinematography. I know that as far as cinematography goes, it's no Barry Lyndon. It certainly didn't seem as bad to me as it did to you though.

Well, I guess there weren't really horror movies like that in the 60's, so it really blew people away at the time. But I was kind of disappointed by the lack of quality in a lot of the more fundamental aspects of film.

The first time I tried watching it was at a friend's house with a bunch of friends and well... after like fifteen minutes everyone vetoed it. Then I watched it at home later. That was at least four years ago though. Maybe I should give it another watch. I think my understanding of film has grown quite a bit since then. Who knows, maybe I'll appreciate it more now.

Suspiria is all about the look, the sound and the atmosphere. If you aren't getting that, then I don't know that there's anything for you to be honest. It's a 70's film, BTW, not 60's and, while I don't know if there's anything quite like Suspiria around, the Italian influenced horrors and giallos certainly play like that. Not turned up to 11 like it is in Suspiria, but enough to make it recognisable, IMO.

Never got House Of Whipcord, myself. Though i'm sure Mino would like it.

For some reason a film just popped into my mind. It was a 90's horror in which a vending machine outside a gas station eats a mans hand. I think it was Stephen King's The Tommyknockers, but I'm not sure...

I remember someone at another forum suggesting that I watch my first "Giallo" a few years back.. I did and I hated it. It wasnt a horror film, it was a suspense/drama. Never have I watched another Giallo film. It was an extremely boring film.

It wasnt a horror film, it was a suspense/drama.
This is a problem I often find. Giallo's, for the most part, are not horror films. Americans don't see to get this and, as horror is an easier sell than anything more complicated, modern business doesn't seem to want to correct them. That, or they just assume it is and follow on. They seem to think they're all slasher films and, while some are and they are certainly influencial to that subgenre, most are suspense thrillers, IMO.

However, as Silence Of The Lambs, Aliens and Se7en now seem to be considered horror films, maybe they are all horror films now.

This is a problem I often find. Giallo's, for the most part, are not horror films. Americans don't see to get this and, as horror is an easier sell than anything more complicated, modern business doesn't seem to want to correct them. That, or they just assume it is and follow on. They seem to think they're all slasher films and, while some are and they are certainly influencial to that subgenre, most are suspense thrillers, IMO.

However, as Silence Of The Lambs, Aliens and Se7en now seem to be considered horror films, maybe they are all horror films now.
Yeah this is one thing I agree with you. Slashers/Gore.... are not always horror.... seriously?? I watch "war" films with more blood and guts than a horror film..

but then the Atrocities of War is a "horror" of its own.

I remember someone at another forum suggesting that I watch my first "Giallo" a few years back.. I did and I hated it. It wasnt a horror film, it was a suspense/drama. Never have I watched another Giallo film. It was an extremely boring film.

I saw the poster and then I gave you rep, then I read what you said.

Whoops. I like Torso a lot. Gialli films are a lot of fun to me. They can be silly at times, but I love their atmosphere.