Robocop (Does anyone else like this movie) ?

Tools    

Robocop. Robocop. Robocop. Is there anyone out there who likes this movie. I have read the 100 greatest movies ever from all different magazines, websites etc; and it never appears in them.

I think that this movie is genius. It was a film that I didn't think would turn out good but is absoluteley outstanding. The villians are brilliant, Robocop is great and all the environments, phrases etc; are something that makes this film a classic.

So if there is anyone else who agrees or disagrees with what I have said then I'd like to hear what you gotta say???

Originally Posted by jordo
I think that this movie is genius. It was a film that I didn't think would turn out good but is absoluteley outstanding. The villians are brilliant, Robocop is great and all the environments, phrases etc; are something that makes this film a classic.

So if there is anyone else who agrees or disagrees with what I have said then I'd like to hear what you gotta say???
"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!!"

10/10 for Robocop

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
One of my favorites.

Robocop is a great of its time

Dead or alive you're coming with me.

I think it was a great movie. Whenever I watch it, I think it makes fun of consumerism and corporations. I love it.

My brothers and I grew up watching that movie. We watched it so much that one day the tape broke, and my mom went to 12 different video stores in 3 cities trying to buy us a new copy of it. I love it.

I onlly seen the second one only because Gabe Damon was in it and at that time I was inlove with that actor!Being that it was rated R I saw it at my friend's house since I was not allowed to see it at my house.
I would give it a one * only because I don't really think it should had bombed.It was a bad movie but it still did not desevice a bomb I have a heart people!
Well see you around!JM Anyone else like Gabe Damon in Robo Cop two?He was that bad kid I think his name was Hobbs or something like that!Well see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Philadelphia Underdog
Good movies, no, excellent movies...I loved them from the beginning, but I still think they pushed it with 3

Originally Posted by Stallion06
Good movies, no, excellent movies...I loved them from the beginning, but I still think they pushed it with 3

Yes, I agree. Robocop was great, Robocop 2 was alright, yet Robocop 3 really "was" way to overblown. I personally don't see any reason why they made Robocop 3 in the first place.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I loved the first one. I never bothered watching the sequels, and I'm glad I didn't (their shortcomings might take away my love for the first one).
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

robocop was pure genius...
i watched it when i was about 12 and thought it was awesome, the more i watch it now the more i actually understand what it is making fun of and how good it actually is.

Robocop 2 was okay, they kinda ditched all the corporate stuff for pure action and a pretty bad storyline, robocop 3 and robocop the series were just awful...

anyone who liked style of robocop should definately check out starship troopers

"no one ever takes me seriously... well get serious now... and kiss the mayors ass goodbye"

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I suppose this is as good a place as any to post these supplementals:

Making ROBOCOP

Special Effects - Then and Now

Creating a Legend

Shooting Robocop

Villains of Old Detroit

I am the Watcher in the Night
I liked Robocop, it's a perfectly functional sci-fi action movie with some very insightful and often very funny digs at modern consumerism and capitalism. I just don't love it as much as some people do and I've never really understood why some really like it. The action is good and quite violent, which I like, there's some good acting, solid script but it just doesn't connect with me in the same way it seems to connect with others.

Weird

also thought it was a great movie. underrated.
just like many of Paul Verhoeven other movies. starship troopers, total recall.

I liked Robocop, it's a perfectly functional sci-fi action movie with some very insightful and often very funny digs at modern consumerism and capitalism.
an action sci fi movie, good action, acting, special effects, insightful, atmosphere.. it's pretty rare for any film.