Matrix Revolutions

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by JANthology
my two cents:

It may cross refrence with the good book, but it is a story.

So is the bible. There is not a single shred of empirical evidence stating otherwise. Not one.

-S

Disney, I agree that disney is milking away our money, but I do partially work for them so I had to say SOMETHING...

and for all you people thinking Neo is some kind of program... lemme just ask if you guys saw the movie because last time I checked...Programs weren't plugged into the Matrix in one of those pink bubble things. Oh and another thing...Programs cannot exist in the REAL WORLD because they are COMPUTER PROGRAMS...When was the last time you saw your video games walking around your houses?

but that just my opinion of course.

Originally Posted by Sedai
So is the bible. There is not a single shred of empirical evidence stating otherwise. Not one.
Please relegate any amateur theology to its own thread in a more appropriate forum. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Please relegate any amateur theology to its own thread in a more appropriate forum. Thank you.

Sorry, a bit new to this forum and not sure what flies.

Thanks

Sorry, a bit new to this forum and not sure what flies.

Thanks
No problem. Just about every topic imaginable can be discussed here, so long as it's in the right place. On another note, however, it's customary to include some sort of underlying logic or supporting argument when openly defying the core beliefs of roughly 2 billion people. At least, in my mind.

Anyway, anything'll "fly" here if you throw it hard enough, so to speak.

Originally Posted by Redookie19
Disney, I agree that disney is milking away our money, but I do partially work for them so I had to say SOMETHING...

and for all you people thinking Neo is some kind of program... lemme just ask if you guys saw the movie because last time I checked...Programs weren't plugged into the Matrix in one of those pink bubble things. Oh and another thing...Programs cannot exist in the REAL WORLD because they are COMPUTER PROGRAMS...When was the last time you saw your video games walking around your houses?

but that just my opinion of course.
Did you even try to open your mind? Dude this is all theory nothin but. No one frinkin knows what the writers were goin for and wont know till we get our box sets and directors cut. So till then dont be such a killjoy.I mean do you really have it on good authority what the Wachowski bros meant by the ending? If so then say so or let everyone have there THEROIES cause thats all they are. Its a freekin forum

"The Wachowski Brothers, in my mind, have tried to strike a balance between two disparate extremes, and have failed. Their philosophy is too heavy for their action. Their action is too redundantly meaningless for their philosophy. In trying to bridge the opposite ends of the spectrum [the intelligentsia and the thick], they have ultimately fallen short."

– from MY SHORT REVIEW

there's a frog in my snake oil
Hmm, nice n succinct Silv, and those reviews that guided you are beauts too.

To Redookie...

Didn't you notice Smith inhabit a human body?

And - do you always spend your off hours living out your corporations mission statement??

Originally Posted by Steve
The Thin Red Line. Mission to Mars/ I can name movies all day if you'd like.

Sometimes a degree of subtlety is a good thing for an action flick...but considering the pseudo-philosophical pretentious bull**** of the Wachowskis, I don't expect Revolutions to be any more mysterious than its awful predecessors. The Matrix is the ultimate rich stoner kid movie, something to discuss while toking hydro in your best friend's basement. The action isn't original. The story is much more pretentious than it needs to be, and is a lot less clever than the filmmakers think it is. And its unpaid debt to real action cinema is a perfect example of American studios knowing the words, and not the music, to the current Japanese ballets of violence. They rip these movies off shamelessly and pass it off as original cinema. It's awful.

GOOD LORD!! are you mad!?! if you don't like reloaded, fine. it was different. fine. the last one, expectations tend to run wild. but don't dare insult the first Matrix. that took a common idea (AI's taking over) and gave a new spin that blew everyone's mind. on top of that, new cinemaphotography that gave us another rush that left us gasping for breath. so back off. there is no spoon!!

Originally Posted by PenclArtst
GOOD LORD!! are you mad!?! if you don't like reloaded, fine. it was different. fine. the last one, expectations tend to run wild. but don't dare insult the first Matrix. that took a common idea (AI's taking over) and gave a new spin that blew everyone's mind. on top of that, new cinemaphotography that gave us another rush that left us gasping for breath. so back off. there is no spoon!!
Hmm, tho i understand what you were saying Steve, i have to agree with Pencl here. I was happy to see Hollywood apeing some good aspects of "Eastern" films. And the AI spin was novel - so in that sense i felt the combination of influences was justified (even if so many of its elements have been done better elsewhere - the M unified a lot of things. It felt pat. It had it's flaws etc, but it had a feeling of open-ended Taoist thought amongst the cartoonery and standard christian story-tree.)

But then i don't have a basement. Or any hydro. Dammit, i must just be wanting to ape these philosopher wanna-be's you talk of

thanx, golgot

I liked revolutions but i have some questions. Was the little girl sati tranning to be the next oracle. Smith and neo bleed, Why does smith bleed is he human. After taking over the oracle smith can see the future as she did , but she tricks him in the end, How does she survive. Is neo dead, Will there be more matrix movies

Originally Posted by magnet41
I liked revolutions but i have some questions. Was the little girl sati tranning to be the next oracle. Smith and neo bleed, Why does smith bleed is he human. After taking over the oracle smith can see the future as she did , but she tricks him in the end, How does she survive. Is neo dead, Will there be more matrix movies
There's certainly suggestions that Sati is the next step on from the Oracle - ie. the oracle never demonstrated the ability to control the matrix in the way sati seems to with the sunrise (sunset?), yet sati also comes from machine origins (tho a family in this case), and exhibits "human" and "humanistic" tendancies. She's not a predetermined program it seems, but an equally ("greater") adaptive program perhaps? I found this part slightly frustrating - i.e. what are we to make of this computer family carrying similar traits and ideals to idealistic humans, but not driven/structured by chemical prompting. i.e. are the bros suggesting, in conjunction with the neo-as-a-program idea, that mechanised consciousnesses are the way forward? If so, why the survival of Zion. I guess it's an extension of the idea that both the mechanistic and human worlds must grow, and operate in conjunction. I'm happy with that, just would've liked a tad more exposition, and a little less pyrotechnics.

Did Smith bleed? At what point? Perhaps we could take this to mean he's adapted fully to the human-modelled world that is the matrix? i.e. part of him has existed in a human "shell"/body, and his over-all absorbtion/hatred of humanity (via Neo plus his "incarceration" in the M) has "humanised" him in some ways?

The Oracle could never see the future as such when it came to core decisions it seems (note how she did'nt tell Neo he wasn't the One in the first film, but let him state this to be the case). She can be wrong. Smith was wrong. Maybe she was using the flaws inherent in herself to throw Smith off? Maybe she recognised that the Neo/Smith death was the best result for all, and needed to enter smith to permeate this outcome, coz otherwise he would've followed the path of death/purpose-acheivement throught the destruction of everything? Maybe anomylous programs like Smith, even in the throes of viral-spiral, are still predictable, in the way that Neo wasn't this time coz of his heavily-(undefinable)-humanistic aspects.

The question of her survival is another slightly annoying one.

If there are more M movies, i won't hold my breath for a re-crafting of these ideas into a drafting of behaviour in face of our fears. I think it'd all end in tears. But you never know...given time... (gah, i'm an optimist who's looking for closure in a series that's either gone for clover-grazing or exposure.)

We'll see. Let's have some more repartee (damn i'm pretentious )

I have to say this was my favorite of the 3.

All the battle/action scenes were f*ckin sweet, especialy the last fight between Smith and Neo, and Smith is soooo EVIL i just love him for bein so damn EVIL.

If anyone remember that punch When Neo hit Smith, how they showd it going throught the rain n hitting him in the face, i have never seen something sooooooo sweet in a movie,a nd yeah the critics give it bad reviews but im tried of listening to them cuz theyr never right

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The critics are almost always right. As a matter of fact, I believe they are largely right in this case. I just think they weighed certain aspects of the movie incorrectly. True, some borders on self parody, and some is just going through the motions, but overall I found it highly enjoyable. I also loved the final two action sequences, Zion (which is the second best battle in the entire series...after the orginal movies final battle) and the final battle with Smith. They dropped the ball with the ending in a HUGE way too...but all its flaws pale in comparison to the coolness of the Zion battle.

*** out of ****

(BTW...the two sequel Matricies are pitiful in comparison to the original!!!)

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Do you honestly thing Return of the Jedi is a great film? I don't. It is a lackluster muppet show with sporadic good acting. The final battle in space is some of the best action on film to date, but I felt this film was when the corruption of George Lucas by cute fuzzy characters began. Also, saying that effects and action should never matter, only story, flies in the face of what film is at it's heart. If story is the ONLY concern, books are almost invariably better in my mind. As Hitchcock stated, "Going to the cinema one should experience cinema, not filmed conversations."

-S
I loved it. The final battle probably my favorite fight scene EVER, and the Emperor is one of the best villains. The muppets dragged the movie down a whole bunch, and it is the least of the series, but it is still a four star movie in my heart.

Originally Posted by jrs
I have been thinking ...Zion is not in the real world . Why? :

1. The Nebuchanezzer (the hovercraft) and all the other ships were made in the usa around the year 2100, which makes sense with the point that Morpheus believes that they are around the year 2199 but he's not sure. The architect (ref. to Reloaded)however says that there are 5 matrix's, before this version and they have destroyed zion 5 times before that. So that doesn't make sense with the fact that the materials, hovercrafts and APU's etc. , can't be remainders of the war just before the "first matrix" as the people of ZION seem to believe.

2. The architect refers to the people of ZION as the people as "the minority if unchecked would be an escalating probability of disaster"
(so what I conclude out of this or "machine like thinking" that they(machines) know about it and just added another level to the matrix like they refer in the code intro's in the 3 movies.)

3. The Matrix online (the upcoming video game written by the brothers) will have no gameplay in zion because there is no reason for zion anymore (peace in the 7th version of the matrix is like final day of creation of the world (ref.to the biblical story when god created the world in 6 days and the 7th day he rested because work was completed)

4. This perfectly explains why neo can hack into The Matrix without being jacked in, and Agent Smith getting into Bane.

5. The spoon that neo gets in Reloaded from the orphan by the kid, there is no spoon, even in the "real" world

6.The way Neo "sees" the real world (orange code)

Let me know what you think.

This sounds resonable, but i heavily doubt it.

you see, even if the architech states that Zion has been destroyed 5 times, it doesn't matter what year it is, the machines can make people think whatever they want. it could be the year 3199, since morpheus states that they litteraly dont know.

and the matrix is control. nothing more. they dont need a matrix within a matrix, that is just a waste of resources.

and neo was jacked into the matrix only because he wasn't suppose to die, it wasn't his time. so his conciousness (or if you are religious, soul) was contained in a place between the real world and the source (the source would be where he was grown, where all humans were grown at one point, since it is the 6th matrix and there is probably NO way that anyone can be true-blood-born) which is then an obvious metaphor comparing the source and heaven, where God gives life.

the orphan kid was only refering to the "no spoon" theory in the Matrix. the only way neo could use his powers in the real world isn't because its a matrix within a matrix, its because he is the One. i dont see morpheus and niobe jumping 20 feet in the air in the real world. do you?

He is simply, the One.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Tell me if this true, then I will know everything that happens in "Matrix Revolutions" - just give me a nod:

WARNING: "The Matrix Revolutions" spoilers below
The boy that kept following Neo around in Reloaded is "the one" and he dies and becomes the new Architect.
where every u got it from is very creative but :nope

NO that is not right at all. The kid does not become the architec. He is not the one. He is just some kid.

Originally Posted by Glich
where every u got it from is very creative but :nope

Watch the animatrix if you want to know who the kid is....

_S