You Ever Walk Out of the Theater?

Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
...has there been (truthfully now) any film you have seen, that you "wished" you have walked out because it was so bad?
Truth be told, I don't go to films I think I might dislike enough to walk out of.

With me, I have walked out on a few films...as listed below. SB is wise to pick his choosings carefully, and see what he thinks is the best out there. Although, those are the ONLY films I ever walked out on , I really do not think I am going to anymore in the future. The Time Machine has to be THE WORST film I have ever seen in recent days. As for National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation, that one ruined the entire Vacation ...how may I put this...franchise so to speak. As for Swimfan, well, maybe I wasn't feeling to well at the moment but it made me nauseous.
Now that I get in for free, working at Cinemark Theater in Plano, Texas. is an oppurtunity to make "my own" decisions as to what to see or buy.

nobody will believe me for this but the first movie i have walked out on was the first Lord of the Rings. i walked out about 1 hr into the movie. for the 2nd one i stayed the whole length.

and just to compare how much i hated it, i never walked out of Battlefield Earth altho i kept thinking it all the time.

I wass just about to walk out of 'She Devil' when there was a blackout in the city, so i never saw the end which I don't realy care about, the best part was that they refunded everyones money, so I didn't have to pay, and it was right near the end people have told me

I have walked out of the movie theatres countless times...

Independence Day
Kill Bill Vol. 1
The Matrix Revolutions
Underworld
The Matrix Revolutions
X-men 2
The list just goes on...

WARNING: "ThisThread" spoilers below
Of course when I walked out, the movie was over.

Good one.

I walked out of End of Days, but I went to another theater and watched The Matrix.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I walked out of Flatliners and Scary Movie. They both just kind of sucked, and I had a tooth ache throughout Scary Movie, so I had a good reason to leave besides the lack of quality...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Redookie19
I have walked out of the movie theatres countless times...

Independence Day
Kill Bill Vol. 1
The Matrix Revolutions
Underworld
The Matrix Revolutions
X-men 2
The list just goes on...
Interesting...I liked all of those films...not to mention Kill Bill being the best movie of the year. Oh well, to each his own.

How strange jrs, that the only film I can remember leaving during was Swimfan. I saw Ecks vs. Sever instead....and that wasn't much of an improvement.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I saw Ecks vs. Sever instead....and that wasn't much of an improvement.
Yeah. I love Lucy Liu, and was expecting something great. The movie totally blew. I mean, Banderas can give a mean performance - I have seen that plenty of times. He and Lucy just didn't click at all. The story was kind of there, but with no full avail.

Interesting...I liked all of those films...not to mention Kill Bill being the best movie of the year. Oh well, to each his own.

How strange jrs, that the only film I can remember leaving during was Swimfan. I saw Ecks vs. Sever instead....and that wasn't much of an improvement.
You need to read what's in the spoiler tag.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I never walked out but fell asleep in -

Apollo 13

Bringing Out the Dead

The Royal Tenenbaums

The Wedding Planner

Originally Posted by nebbit
I wass just about to walk out of 'She Devil' when there was a blackout in the city, so i never saw the end which I don't realy care about, the best part was that they refunded everyones money, so I didn't have to pay, and it was right near the end people have told me

How could you walk out of She Devil?!?!? That's one of my favorites!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You need to read what's in the spoiler tag.
I did....it's just that I don't want to validate it with a responce. At least it keeps the tone of the rest of his post. (Which is a very sad thing).

Now that I've thought about it, the projector overheated when I went to see The Recruit...I had to wait for video. (The Recruit was pretty good too, but the second half was nothing in comparison to the first, so I saw the best of the film)

Get off my island
Wow, there were six people viewing this thread at once just now
I almost fell asleep during LOTR:FOTR but I've never contemplated walking out on a film.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I did....it's just that I don't want to validate it with a responce. At least it keeps the tone of the rest of his post. (Which is a very sad thing).
I don't get it. What's so sad about a joke?

I must become Caligari..!
Oh thats right i walked out of Pirates of the Carrabbien and into Kill Bill, and then was Removed from Kill Bill
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I wish I would have walked out of A.I. : Artificial Intelligence. I HATED that movie!!

Originally Posted by Beale the SeriousPersonWhoCan'tTakeAJoke

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Oh thats right i walked out of Pirates of the Carrabbien and into Kill Bill, and then was Removed from Kill Bill

What did you do... sneak in...

The only movie I ever remember walking out of was Johnny Mnemonic... but I thought about walking out of Titanic and Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever ...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)