22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I’ll be staying out of this one guys. I’ve already seen most of these. I’ll be ready to join the next one for sure.
I know I've said this a million times. But that's going to happen. It's called a Hall of Fame for a reason...

Really cool noms! I’ve seen three of these:

Inglourious Basterds, my own nom, as I said just rewatched this and loved it.

The Matrix - fantastic movie, will rank highly for me.

Joker - Didn’t like it at all, which was too bad since I wanted to.

I’m not sure if I’ll rewatch Matrix and Joker since I saw both of these fairly recently (Joker Jan 15 and The Matrix Dec 12)... but depending on how tough I find them to rank with the other films I may rewatch.

Mildred Pierce (1945, Directed by Michael Curtiz)
Nominated by Citizen Rules

I don't know that I've ever even heard of this movie. The fact that it's from the 40s doesn't make me very optimistic.

The Last Picture Show (1971, Directed by Peter Bogdanovich)
Nominated by Rauldc14

I think I meant to watch this for the 70s countdown but never got to it. No idea what to expect.

State of Siege (1972, Directed by Costa-Gavras)
Nominated by Siddon

I don't think I've ever heard of this one. No clue what to expect.

Shine (1996, Directed by Scott Hicks)
Nominated by Edarsenal

Despite the fact that I used to own this on VHS, I've never seen it. I like Geoffrey Rush a lot though so I'm hoping to like it.

The Matrix (1999, Directed by the Wachowskis)
Nominated by Thursday Next

I didn't like this movie 21 years ago and I doubt I'm going to like it now.

Inglourious Basterds (2009, Directed by Quentin Tarantino)
Nominated by Ahwell

I LOVE this movie! So violent, so funny!

Blue Ruin (2014, Directed by Jeremy Saulnier)
Nominated by Cosmic Runaway

I don't think I've even heard of this.

I, Daniel Blake (2016, Directed by Ken Loach)
Nominated by Neiba

No clue what I'm going to think of this.

Dronningen (2019, Directed by May El-Toukhy)
Nominated by MovieMeditation

Not a clue what I'm going to think.

Joker (2019, Directed by Todd Phillips)
Nominated by Miss Vicky

Obviously I love this. I know @ahwell is gonna be thrilled to see it again!
Fine I’ll rewatch

I’ll be staying out of this one guys. I’ve already seen most of these. I’ll be ready to join the next one for sure.
No worries excited for you to join the next one!

If I have to rewatch Basterds you better rewatch Joker Ahwell!

Anyways I have only seen Miss Vicky's and Ahwells nominations other than my own.

The trick is not minding
I know I've said this a million times. But that's going to happen. It's called a Hall of Fame for a reason...
I’m aware, but normally one would hope with the literal thousands of movies out there it might not have happened that way.
Please don’t take that as criticism nor any kind of indictment, it’s not meant as that. I was just amazed at the amount I’ve seen on this.

If I have to rewatch Basterds you better rewatch Joker Ahwell!

Anyways I have only seen Miss Vicky's and Ahwells nominations other than my own.
Then spell Inglourious right in your post you basterd

Meanwhile, I'll be having a blast rewatching them both!
Hey Joker might shock me and become my fav of 2019. I already bumped it up a half star (2 to 2.5) since I think I may have just been a little pissed it was nominated for best picture.

I like Joker, just didn't love it
I didn't see any write-up or rating of it from you anywhere, so wasn't sure if you'd even seen it. Good to know you liked it at least, since our tastes are often quite different.

Well it looks like the theme is going to be bleakness

This is actually playing on TCM Sunday, so pretty happy about this one. I liked it the first time I watched it, obviously Rules is thinking of the Noir hall and this is a good pick.

Nominated by Rauldc14

I didn't like it when I saw it in High School but I was a stupid kid then. I will be watching this one again and paying closer attention. Very intrigued with watching this with I, Donald Blake.

Nominated by Siddon

This was my pick, thinking of both the noir Hall of Fame and the film challenge this was shot in Chile based on Uruguay from a Greek filmmaker who is considered part of the French New Wave.

If you are going to do JAB's 2020 challenge this fits a number of categories.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=60462

1. French New Wave
2. South America
6. Criterion Collection
4. Marcello Mastroianni/Yves Montand/Paul Newman/Toshiro Mifune
2. a foreign language film

Nominated by Edarsenal

Yeah I've never seen this one, it's never on TV and it's not available on Netflix so good pick.

Eh....yeah I'll watch it again see if I see something new but...eh

Inglorious Basterds (2009, Directed by Quentin Tarantino)
Nominated by Ahwell

Pretty, if I was doing Tarantino I would have gone True Romance for the Noir aspect...would have been on theme.

Excellent pick from Cosmic, this was a great indie thriller that came out years ago.

Nominated by Neiba

A lot of people love this movie...I thought it had been nominated before. I thought it was okay I don't know how it's going to compare to the other noms.

Never heard of it, looks interesting.

Nominated by Miss Vicky

Good pick selecting something playing on HBO May 16th

I didn't see any write-up or rating of it from you anywhere, so wasn't sure if you'd even seen it. Good to know you liked it at least, since our tastes are often quite different.
I only do write ups on letterboxd these days. Sorry about that.

I only do write ups on letterboxd these days. Sorry about that.

Nothing to be sorry about. I figured most if not all of the participants will have seen it already anyway. I picked it because I wanted to watch it again.

Nothing to be sorry about. I figured most if not all of the participants will have seen it already anyway. I picked it because I wanted to watch it again.
It will be nice for me do do a proper review for it too

The trick is not minding
My favorite part of the reveals is seeing each individuals particular nomination. I like matching people to their picks and looking at their past picks and look at a possible theme.
Weird, I know. 🤷

My thoughts or lack of them

This was on my list of future HoF noms like forever, so I thought why not go with it. It's tagged noir at IMBD but it's more of a melodrama, not really a noir. I've seen it a couple of times and it's in my top 10. I also just watched the Kate Winslet mini series Mildred Pierce which was also good.

Nominated by Rauldc14

I also had considered this as my nom. I've seen it once and it's one of the very few films that I think I reviewed to harshly. So I've always wanted to revisit it and see if I was right or wrong.

Nominated by Siddon

Not heard of it and that's a good thing.

Nominated by Edarsenal

Also not heard of it and that's still a good thing

I seen this once and like 20 years ago, I was very impressed by the sci if elements of the story. I've been thinking I should watch it again, so I will.

Inglorious Basterds (2009, Directed by Quentin Tarantino)
Nominated by Ahwell
I'm not a fan of Tarantino or his films, think of how Miss Vicky feels about Kubrick and that's how I feel about Tarantino.

Not heard of it, but interested in checking it out.

Nominated by Neiba

This seems like a Neiba nom

Never heard of it and I can't even pronounce that title, it must be foreign? I didn't bother to look up any of these films, I just started typing

Nominated by Miss Vicky

Not what I thought she was going to nominate. But it will be interesting to read the reviews of it.