Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

The trick is not minding
With the new year coming, and specialty HOF in mind?
I know MG plans on a Historical HOF, but any others MoFos have been wanting to run or seen run?

With the new year coming, and specialty HOF in mind?
I know MG plans on a Historical HOF, but any others MoFos have been wanting to run or seen run?
Good question. I'm all up for MG's historical HoF, but I think she said in spring?...I'm up for most anything else.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There was talk a while back about HoFs for specific actors/actresses or directors. Depending on which actor or director, I might be interested in one of those HoFs.

For directors, I'd be interested in Billy Wilder, Frank Capra, or Steven Spielberg.

For actors/actresses, some of the people that I'd be interested in are Cary Grant, Harrison Ford, Doris Day, Richard Dreyfuss, or Hugh Jackman.

I'm sure that there are others, but those are the people who I thought of off the top of my head.

There was talk a while back about HoFs for specific actors/actresses or directors. Depending on which actor or director, I might be interested in one of those HoFs.

For directors, I'd be interested in Billy Wilder, Frank Capra, or Steven Spielberg.
I would be up for all of those, but especially Wilder, & Spielberg but I like Capra too.

For actors/actresses, some of the people that I'd be interested in are Cary Grant, Harrison Ford, Doris Day, Richard Dreyfuss, or Hugh Jackman.
I like those too, Harrison Ford has a good span of movie types and Cary Grant is the man! But who's Doris Day

Let the night air cool you off
Somebody should host an African or Asian hall of fame. I'd join both. The Asian is more likely, but an African would be more interesting.

Somebody should host an African or Asian hall of fame. I'd join both. The Asian is more likely, but an African would be more interesting.
I'd be up for an African Film HoF. Maybe we could wait a couple weeks to start it to allow Cricket's PRIII to get rolling. But yeah I'd join. I could even host if no one else wanted to (though I'd prefer someone else host as I will be hosting the 25th)

While I should definitely expand my horizons and check out some African films, I don't think I'd be able to come up with a nomination for that, unless I blindly pick something. Could definitely think of a few films for an Asian HoF though.

The trick is not minding
If anyone’s interested in African cinema, I would suggest looking up Youssef Chahine, who currently has 12 films streaming on Netflix (if you have it) that are mostly worth checking out.
They are all Egyptian films, and if I had to suggest any to start with, I’d suggest Cairo Station, Alexandria......Why?, An Egyptian Story followed by Dark Waters (featuring Omar Sharif in his first starring role!) and then The Land, also starring Omar.

Also, while both HOF would be fun, I’d prefer an Asian HOF over Africa. Just far more familiar with Asia currently.
We should do one of the HoFs. I'd join an Asian HoF. I'm not familiar at all with African film but that's why I though it sounded cool to me. But either way is good.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I would go Asian as well, being a huge fan, while, at the same time, since African cinema is completely unknown to me, it would be awarding to discover.

Who ever hosts, I have my pick already set, for both countries just in case.
*Continents.
Not countries.
You know I wouldn't have even caught the countries thing But hell yeah this sounds like a good idea.

The trick is not minding
You know I wouldn't have even caught the countries thing But hell yeah this sounds like a good idea.
Yep. If Asia, I’m going with a film from Taiwan.
If Africa, a film from Egypt.