What was the first film you cried at?

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block

Not sure if this thread has been done before but i thought its a good idea. What was the very first film you got so emotionally involved with that you cried at? and what films continue to make you cry every time you watch them?

I can remember exactly what mine was. The first film i cried at was the animated film "All dogs go to heaven" It was soooo sad at the end! Anyone remember it? Its about this dog that dies and gets a second chance and comes back. but his got this clock round his next and when it stops he goes back to heaven. At the end he has to choose between savin the life of this cute little drowning girl or his own life. it was so sad! you can guess which one he chooses...

I also remember "An American Tail" making me bawl. The one where the mouse gets seperated from his parents. i used to worry that would happen to me...lol.

The Future Ed Wood
transformers the movie. when optimus prime died

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Enemies are so stimulating.
my girl. hardly anything makes me cry now. i only cry or get overly emotional when im chemically imbalanced.

i think im chemically imbalanced in some weird way at the moment. or im going through some sort of i hate everyone mood coz im feeling very angry and i dont know why.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

The Future Ed Wood
the only time i cry is when animals are seen to be hurt in films, such as american psycho but only rarely i usually just feel really bad

Enemies are so stimulating.
i havent seen american psycho in ages..which part is it when the animals get hurt?

I cant remember that bit in American Physco?

I ALWAYS cry in films to do with death and dying. Or films that have childbirth....the two ends of the spectrum of life im such a soppy softy pants

Fighting out of the Lions Den
The Champ (1979)

*Apoligies to anybody who has never seen this film, but I have no idea how to insert a *Spoiler Alert* warning*

To make a long story less long...A prominent character (I wont say who) dies at the end, and a little kid (I wont say who) breaks your little heart when he does so.

Surprised you`ve never caught it on TV.

Pain is just Fear leaving your body!...It`s underrrated!

legends of the fall

when a good character in the movie dies a gruesome death
i tried to be very vague about everything so's not to spoil it

Are you trying to make me cry goodboy? Coz i tell ya, it aint gonna work!........probably...........

You sound like my P.E teacher!

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster

At one point in the movie, this huge amount of pollution starts spreading itself all over Tokyo. It pours down an alley stairway, and completely engulfes this little kitten. It was 1974 and I was only six, I cried my fool head off.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Future Ed Wood
in american psycho batemen meets a tramp down an alley, he stabs the tramp and then kickc his dog to death. its alot worse in the book!

Maybe im a horrid heartless person but i dont mind when the animals get it in films. I mean dont get me wrong i love animals and pets and stuff but i always secretley enjoy it when the pooch or kitty gets it in films because most of the time the stupid director always saves the dog or cat from death in a really stupid way, like "Armageddon" when that dog gets HIT by a meteor and survives! and Independance day when the dog narrowly misses being burnt alive by that big wall of fire.

Ill confess that i did cry my heart out at "Homeward bound" when the big cuddly golden retriever nearley dies at the end when he falls down a hole.

There have been a couple threads about movies that make us cry, HERE and HERE. But, neither of those threads (both with many, many replies - check 'em out) couch the subject with "the first" specifically to do so.

For me it'd have to be Savannah Smiles (1982).

I was just a lad of eleven when I saw this in the theater. It's a pretty standard comedy for kiddies tinged with just enough melodrama to turn on the waterworks. An adorable little ragamuffin of a tot, who is the daughter of a politician, runs away from her priveleged home where she's ignored. She winds up befriended by two small-time, good-hearted crooks who decide they should cash-in on the opportunity and make it into a ransom deal, even though they didn't actually kidnap her. But she's cute as a button, they fall in love with her of course, she with them - kind of "The Ransom of Red Chief" in reverse.

It all leads up to the finale with the ransom drop. Don't those mean cops and FBI men understand that Savannah loves Bootsie and Alvie?!? They would never hurt her! Oh, it's all just so unfair!

Very manipulative silliness, and though it was released theatrically the production has a made-for-TV feel with no stars in the cast (Peter Graves is the biggest name, with a supporting role as the sympathetic Fed, and a pre-Karate Kid post-"Happy Days" Pat Morita has a small role as well). Still, that little girl is just about as cute as can be, so how could you not cry?

Hey, I was eleven, cut me some slack.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Well good! im glad to hear my post is at least slightly original.

That film sounds really familiar. i think ive seen it, it made me all emotional thinking about the ending like that. With those types of films every time i watch them i get all carried away and hope that maybe, just maybe it will end happily.....but it never does. Its like Titanic, why couldnt they just stear a little more to the left? or rememeber the dam binochulars...

I didnt cry during the end of Titanic because i guess either im just insensitive or a prick (probably both). The first movie i cried at was..... i havent cried at any movie cause im a guy and crying isnt a manly thing to do...Ive never cried so no pay outs coming my way