Plainview's Top 50 films

→ in
Tools    

Harry neg reps me all the timeHe is my brother though.
Had to negative rep this post.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Substantiate this with specifics as to why you think the performances were average or subpar. What in particular didn't you like about Bencio's role?

I really don't feel like jibber-jabbering about what I didn't like. To be honest, I don't quite know how to sum it up. I just didn't like it. My explanation isn't going to change anybodys view as it's only my opinion anyway.

I really don't feel like jibber-jabbering about what I didn't like. To be honest, I don't quite know how to sum it up. I just didn't like it. My explanation isn't going to change anybodys view as it's only my opinion anyway.
AKA He doesn't have a clue.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
What is there to not know about whether I think a performance is subpar or not? To neg rep someone's personal opinion is a little strange to me, but whatever suits you best.

I disagree with your statement and you can't back it up, negative rep deserved. When has it ever been written that the rep system is only for when you agree with someone?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Seven is a masterpiece.

Se7en is superb, one of the top 10 of my favourite 1990s movies. Having said that, i disagree with the other 4 choices on your last post. I preferred Huston's The Maltese Falcon, never really warmed up to Being John Malkovich, Memento is good but ranked way way too high, and i dislike Groundhog Day.

Pretty good list, Plainview. Here's how I like 'em:

Being John Malkovich:

Memento:
+
Se7en:

Groundhog Day:

No Country For Old Men:

Braveheart:

Traffic:

City of God:

Requiem for a Dream:

Menace II Society:
+
Shaun of the Dead:
+
The Usual Suspects:
+
Fight Club:
+
Return of the Jedi:

Gangs of New York:

Field of Dreams:
+

What I noticed is that there's almost no world cinema on there. Is that because you don't like foreign films or simply because you haven't seen that many yet?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Got lots of love for Groundhog Day and Being John Malkovich. Se7en is a really good film but not one I really 'care' about, and I think Memento was good but I've only seen it once and it was like 10 years ago. Really need to watch it again soon

Harry neg reps me all the timeHe is my brother though.
Oh really? Still being fairly new here I'm still trying to catch up with everything. Does Mark have a sister or something on here as well? And does Holly G have a relationship of some kind with someone on here as well?

Sarah F is Mark's daughter. Holly G is Plainview's wife or girlfriend; not sure what. And you will get to know Lime. He's notorious for his sweet talkin'. And if you ever want to watch some super obscure Romanian film, he'll hook you up.

Thanks Brodinski. Nice to learn about the landscape on here. So would it be fair to say that it's almost just 2 households that are keeping these forums going?

Is white trash beautiful
I am Plainviews girlfriend, we have 3 kids together

My faveorites on your list so far are, Being Jhon Malkovich,Memento,Brave Heart, City of God and Gangs of New York.

As for foreign films I have pretty bad eyes and have a hard time seeing the writing. Everyone in my life has hounded me to get my eyes checked for years yet I never get around to it. Its funny because my union would actually pay for laser eye surgery. So I would have to be right in front of the tv to read the subtitles.

I adore Sunset Blvd. and Shawshank. Wonderful films. Really good list so far