Plainview's Top 50 films

→ in
Tools    

Well here it is Plainview's top 50 films of all time. There is a ton I haven't seen so this list will probably change in the next year but this is how it stands at the present moment.

50. All The President's Men (1976)

This film is about a couple of reporter's that uncover details about the Watergate scandal. Staring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman this film is a must see.
49. No Country For Old Men (2007)

A film about a man who finds himself trying to stay alive after finding 2 million dollars. This film starring Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem kept me at the edge of my seat.
48. Citizen Kane (1941)

Orson welles directed and starred in this masterpiece. The film is about some reporters trying to figure out the meaning behind the final words of a rich newspaper tycoon.

Interesting three films to start out with but I can tell already that my list is better.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Is white trash beautiful
Good choices so far Hun, I am interested in what the rest of your list is going to look like.

Good choices so far Hun, I am interested in what the rest of your list is going to look like.
Why didn't you just tell him that? He was probably sitting right beside you.

Some good picks but that line of text below each film is pretty useless.

Is white trash beautiful
Why didn't you just tell him that? He was probably sitting right beside you.
Well I thought I would try being that supportive girlfriend type And it would be easier just to tell him but he was busy watching The Sopranos

Like GP, I love choices 50 and 48. I've still to see No Country For Old Men, though. I watched the first 40 minutes but couldn't get into it. That was about 2 years ago and I've not been back to it since.

Bring on the list!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Yay!!! I love having lists to look through. And there haven't been too many of late on here

It would be nice though if you gave a little more reason why each film made the list, what exactly you admired/loved about them.

Thanks Nebbit I love Classic Film Noir and Falcon and Double are in my opinion some of the best ever. As for Braveheart it may be revisionist history but I love how Gibson doesn't care and does what he wants. You have to agree he did an amazing job on Braveheart. The film is full of action and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand every time they lined up for battle.