MoFo Battle Royale Directors Edition, Round 1: Alfred Hitchcock vs. Martin Scorsese

Tools    

Alfred Hitchcock vs. Martin Scorsese
45.45%
10 votes
Alfred Hitchcock
54.55%
12 votes
Martin Scorsese
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

From what I've seen, Martin Scorsese has only made two films that I've liked (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull). But Hitchcock has always given me something to chew on.

Both my favorites but gotta give the edge to Scorsese

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Hmm, two top directors in the first round? Whatever.

Also, not to be pushy, but it could be nice if maybe you could have a "best of" of the directors movies, so we have a reference.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Also, not to be pushy, but it could be nice if maybe you could have a "best of" of the directors movies, so we have a reference.
I guess I'll do that for Round 2.

Both are two of my top favorites, but Hitchcock is my second favorite of all-time.

I'm pretty sure it was random. Movie Man even asked me way back how I decided who would go up against who.

I was thinking the same thing, but perhaps that's for us to do for the duration of each battle.

And I voted Scorsese.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
Which was what again?

For some reason I'm thinking After Hours, although I think I may be wrong.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Can't decide. I've seen tons of Scorcese's stuff but all I've seen of Hitchcock's was Psycho but I was so impressed it's actually making this a hard decision. I'll watch Vertigo this week and that will decide it

Can't decide. I've seen tons of Scorcese's stuff but all I've seen of Hitchcock's was Psycho but I was so impressed it's actually making this a hard decision. I'll watch Vertigo this week and that will decide it
Vertigo was pretty good, but nowhere near Hitchcock's best. Try to see North By Northwest, The Birds, Strangers On A Train, Rope, and Dial M For Murder sometime soon, Rice.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Gotta go with Hitch.

but all I've seen of Hitchcock's was Psycho but I was so impressed it's actually making this a hard decision. I'll watch Vertigo this week and that will decide it
Yeah you've got to get on that matey.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Scorsese

And Am I the only one seeing only a picture of Hitchcock?

Suspect's Reviews