MoFo Battle Royale Directors Edition Nominations

Tools    

Yeah, I thought about this once Harry started the character competition. So I decided to talk to Yoda and ask if I could do this one after the other one ended, and he said it'd be okay. So I guess I'll start up with the nomination thread. Basically this is just like the other competition, but instead of using characters, we're going to use directors.

So basically just nominate your favorite directors. I'll give everyone 2 directors of their choice. When we get to 32, I'll get the polls started up. I guess I'll start it off, then.

Steven Spielberg

Alfred Hitchcock

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Kubrick

Sergio Leone.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I think i'm gonna rig the movie trade-off game and make you my partner and make you watch a Sergio Leone film now

Akira Kurosawa

Jean-Pierre Melville

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think i'm gonna rig the movie trade-off game and make you my partner and make you watch a Sergio Leone film now
If you do, make him watch any western. At least he's seen the best.

Wow, we already have 14 and it hasn't even been an hour yet. I might be able to get this started up sooner than I thought.

At least he's seen the best.
he hasn't seen any Leone! Therefore not the best and i like The Wild Bunch way more than Dances with Wolves

He's right, the only western I liked was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, which I really liked. I despise the rest of them pretty much.

he hasn't seen any Leone! Therefore not the best and i like The Wild Bunch way more than Dances with Wolves
He's seen Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, though. He does need to check out some of the Leone films, though, like finishing off The Man With No Name trilogy. I'd recommend checking out The Searchers too, Lennon.

He's right, the only western I liked was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, which I really liked. I despise the rest of them pretty much.
its not crossed off on your list and since you liked that you'd like Once Upon in the West

and yeah i really liked Butch Cassidy, i still need to see The Searchers

its not crossed off on your list and since you liked that you'd like Once Upon in the West

and yeah i really liked Butch Cassidy, i still need to see The Searchers
Yeah I know, I need to cross some more stuff off, but I don't really care about it. The important thing is that I've seen it.