Where you've been tab

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
I am bored at work, and self-indulgent...

Bit easier to get around in Europe. I've only included the ones where I've spent at least a night, not just passed through...

---

AUSTRALIA - Land of my mother. Went out a few times as kid, to every Territory except Northern I think. Main memories are running around naked in their winter, driving a 'mini moke' jeep over 'mini Lord of the Rings' crumpled landscape, and getting freaked out by everything being bigger (especially the insects).

CZECH REPUBLIC - Prague. Great mix of architecture, friendly people and quality beer. McDonalds was protected by men with sticks though.

DENMARK - Cophenhagen, including the 'mini state' of Christiania (collectivist stoners, police raids, tramp wars, tax-dodging wooden 'mansions', multilingual/cultural shenanigans with guys from Greenland & Norway).

FRANCE - Drove here and Italy for family holidays. Mountain-side camping mainly. Have spent a while in Biarritz trying to learn to surf in the middle of an international competition too. Not easy

GERMANY - Spent a few winter days in Munich. Lots of spice-fuelled markets. Everyone mentioned the war.

GREECE - Athens squats with giant dogs and amiable guides to the city nights, and less old-stone-infused adventures in portside Patros.

(HONG KONG) - (Not gonna put China down for that). Stopped over 3 days on way to Australia. Crazy-ass Buddhist temples near Chinese border (at time) & even crazier-ass cheek-by-jowl poverty/wealth in the people-rammed city.

IRELAND - I don't remember much. Was young. It was very green and damp. I had to wrestle several times on account of being a Brit.

ITALY - Family holidays in shared villas & the odd jaunt to midnight Venice. Aridly lush place for the most part.

MAURITIUS - Land of my girlfriend (her non-Irish-half anyway). Very peaceful for a melting pot with some ugly history. Met lots of good people through family contacts. Everything from retro raving to catamaraning to smaller islands to snorkle. Give or take some vast expanses of sugar cane, very pretty, and inviting.

NETHERLANDS - Cough cough.

SPAIN - 3 years in Seville and general wanderings, mainly Andalucia. Seville's great, work-hard/play-hard open people, mix of old and new, several bizarre traditions & festivals, and lots of surrounding nature to escape into.

UNITED KINGDOM - Been around a bit, but brought up in London. Been to Swansea a lot due to Welsh-ish dad. Family used to time-share cottage in Suffolk for holidays. (So glad I'm not there now - open fires and horse-hair walls don't = warm . Good to get out of the big smoke when you're a kid though).

UNITED STATES - Tagged along on a business trip when 12-ish. Almost definitely in New York and Washington for a few days each. Also drove fairly South at some point too, somehow, to point of old mini-juke boxes on every table in road-side caffs, and waitresses saying "Y'all want anything you just holler".

Female Jungle Poster
Brussels

France

Ireland

U.S. (various states)

Canada (various provinces)

I need a nap.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I am half agony, half hope.
Portland, Oregon
Washington
California
New York
New Jersey
Arizona
Nevada
Montana

Other Countries
Japan
Mexico
Spain

Johann von Goethe

Nowhere outside the U.S., but I've been in...

- New York (born and raised)
- Texas (moved back and forth from NY to TX from 85-99, in 99 lived in TX through 06.
- California (went to golden globes in 2005, the 78th Academy Awards in 2006, visited bro-in laws family twice, and been to California numerous times for screenings and related type trips over the past years.
- Pennsylvania (for my Dad's job)
- Florida (went once on a class field trip to Disney & Universal, and a second time back to Disney with a friend.
- Arizona (lived here since 06/07 and moving in late Feb to Ocala, Florida)