When is DVD going to die?

Tools    

maybe we can all ban together and get laser discs up and running again.
My t.v. quality is so bad an upgrade to blu-ray would do nothing for me. So, hopefully they won't die out until i get a real job

I'm still not really sure what a Blue-Ray is.
I know what an 8-track is, and still own them.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm pretty sure you can only buy TVs in widescreen now (unless you get a cheap one from cheap place). A big step towards the HD format.

DVDs, until a huge leap forward is made, will be here for a while.

I hope.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm still not really sure what a Blue-Ray is.
I know what an 8-track is, and still own them.
It's a laser that scans your face and inserts you into your favorite movies.

You ready? You look ready.
It's going to be a long time before DVDs die. They're selling in the millions, while Blu-Ray is still selling, on average, under 500 thousand. Yea, it's going to be awhile.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

About a week before blu-rays are on their way out, so probably 3 years from now.
I say skip the media discs and just go pure digital, inevitably it will.

I was a dvd detractor, still kinda' am. I think blu-ray is a big crock of s**t. i prefer to dowload movies. Just opinions, though.

Originally Posted by FILMFREAK087
i prefer to dowload movies.
So you prefer to steal from hard-working companies?

Yea, almost as ridiculous as buying an $800.00 piece of hardware and still needing to buy an $1,200.00 television.
Also, I buy the movies I download, wouldn't want to drive those poor directors and actors to cheap wine.
BTW: a detractor is someone who doesn't go out and buy something because people on tv tell them to.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Also, I buy the movies I download, .

I'm sure and Bill DIDN'T inhale

I am secure enough to say I only download one type of movie... and if I said the titles I would be banned

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Download, to use a program search for a movie click the little download button and watch it w/o paying

also that Youtube thing where they split it into parts, that stupid and I consider it downloading