Favorite Oscar Speech

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
With the oscars crawling upon us, it made me wonder, what is everyone's favorite oscar acceptance speeches?

Mine (not because they won, just good speeches):

-Robin Williams for Goodwill Hunting
-Charlize Theron for Monster
-Denzel Washington for Training Day
-Kevin Spacey for American Beauty
-Morgan Freeman for Million Dollar Baby
-Joe Peschi- Goodfellas (shortest speech ever)

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Whichever one is the shortest.

Jack Palance's one handed pushups.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
"I accept this, very gratefully, for keeping my mouth shut once. I think I'll do it again." Jane Wyman

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Quentin Tarantino's for his Screenplay win for Pulp Fiction.

Something along the lines of...

"I had a big speech, but I'm gonna wait until we win all the other awards, WHICH WE ARE!"

that's what she said...
Does anyone know which news site/network site (online) will be showing the Oscars live? I don't have cable/satelite . Just internet. lol

Quentin Tarantino's for his Screenplay win for Pulp Fiction.

Something along the lines of...

"I had a big speech, but I'm gonna wait until we win all the other awards, WHICH WE ARE!"
Just checked, and he didn't

I don't have cable/satelite . Just internet. lol
I'm in the same boat. So all you people in the Mofo Oscar chat better give me and lundy some in depth play by play.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Me and Ola are watching you can come by
What the...? When was the last time you were on this forum?

Nice way my brother invites me to watch the Oscars, huh? On an internet forum even though we live a few blocks from each other.

I'll start by saying that Christoph Waltz should give a class in Oscar acceptance speeches...I don't think anyone gives a classier speech than he does. Some other speeches that I think deserve mention here:

Daniel Day Lewis' speech for THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Sean Penn's speech for MILK

Louise Fletcher's speech for ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Maureen Stapleton's speech for REDS

Peter Finch's widow's speech for NETWORK

Jane Fonda's speech for her father for ON GOLDEN POND