Arrested Development....Is Back?

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Apparently the show is coming back for a ten episode run and then a movie. It's been confirmed by multiple sources.

Thoughts? Should it stay as it is? Or is this a good move?

Suspect's Reviews

Good of course. This was arguably the funniest TV show ever. It will be good to see Gob, Buster, Lucille and Tobias again.

The cynic in me wants to say nobody's actually agreed to financially back this thing, but the optimist in me wants to say that Hurwitz announcing it himself is more significant, and that getting everyone on board all but guarantees that someone will make it happen. So I actually do believe it's going to happen.

And it's a great move. Even if it's a bit of a letdown, it won't ruin what's already come before it, and it has the chance to be as good or better. Absolutely worth doing for even the slight possibility that it's even half as good as the show was.

Speculations on plot?
edit: redoing this post

This announcement is actually pretty detailed!

at the reunion:

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Good of course. This was arguably the funniest TV show ever. It will be good to see Gob, Buster, Lucille and Tobias again.
^I could not agree more, this is the best show ever made, I have been waiting for the movie since I watched the last episode that aired. I don't see how they could screw this up and I really hope they just stick with what worked so well to begin with and don't try and add to much to it.

Let's just hope they don't dumb it down too much to try and grab the lowest common denominator. The wealth of the shows comedy was the incredible foresight of jokes and how the seasons and characters ran with them.

I think the way they're doing it might help preclude that. It's not as if they get one season to try to prove themselves ratings-wise; it sounds like the plan is the one season and the movie, with neither actually being contingent on the success of the other. So there's even less need to please a specific audience than there was when the show was on the air and fighting for renewal.

Nah, it sounds like they have ideas and everyone is ready to be creative. Sure money is a factor, I mean a movie based on a long running TV series has to be marketed to those that have never seen an episode as well, and honestly they shouldn't have a problem with that with Cera, Bateman, and Arnette.

Yeah, I doubt it would be a sheer money driven venture but everyone seems to look at the bottom line these days. He says about the 'money people' in the interview, I wonder, based on things like DVD sales, how much profit would be in it if it were primarily made for the fans and not a new audience. It would be awkward to see it starting from scratch

I feel like watching the series again.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Okay. I've gotta check this show out because I learned that one of my favorite drag queens, Coco Peru, was on this show as the owner of a wig shop - and the shop was called "Girls Will Be Girls" which is the name of a movie she was in, which is one of my favorite movies ever - and was once my favorite movie of all time.

Anyone remember seeing this scene?