Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie

Tools    

So yeah, it's pretty much all rumor at this point, but Keanu Reeves is involved. Apparently there's already a first draft.

Cowboy Bebop is the 1998 anime series which focused on a group of bounty hunters, set in a distant future in which space travel is the norm, Earth is a landfill, mars is an urban sprawl, and organized crime and a whole host of criminal elements are the "cowboy's" next meal.

...uh the post is up there...

Welcome to the human race...
I'm somewhat interested in how this is going to turn out, but I'm still waiting on concrete details.

Ahh I shall research it mate to see what its all about
The characters are very fleshed out, and it dabbles in western themes. Episodes are named, and themed after styles of music, i.e.; "The Real Folk Blues," and "Sympathy for the Devil."

Oh, by "Western," I meant American. It's very American for an anime. The design of the vehicles and world alone is impressive.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this. I'm not a fan of Manga/animé being turned into live action movies, but it could be good.

Wasn't there meant to be an Akira live action movie?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not a fan of Manga/anime at all but I really enjoyed Afro Samuri and this is interesting me and if I like it im sure the film will interest me also.

Afro Samurai is very good, but tbh there is much better stuff out there.

I wonder if they'll have the same ending?

Well, I'm up for that! I liked Keanu as Constantine, even if he isn't a blond brit. Hopefully, this film will have more success than that one.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Keanu would suck as Spike. He's too much of a joke and nor is he nearly cool enough. In my opinion .

Live action anime just seems stupid to me. We can all see how well The Last Airbender went. Anime was made as an anime as opposed to live action for a reason...

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
I don't like the idea of Keanu as Spike, but you guys have to admit he does look the part.
But I would have preferred James Franco.
I agree wholeheartedly. Keanu kind of looks like him, yes, but there are so many better actors that look like him too. Seriously can Keanu even grin/generally look laidback without looking like a dope? I mean that's basically Spike's only expression. James Franco would be an excellent choice, I can totally see him destroying that part!

You should be a casting director.

For some reason, I guess the way he acts on The Office is where I'm basing my opinion, but I think John Krasinski could pull off Spike.