Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

I'll probably change it to other Rocky goodness later on in the week.

Which was also part of my reasoning in posting the links... I've regretted not starting a thread or linking to an existing thread, if there is one, about favorite swashbuckler movies ever since I had my turn at this...
If memory serves, I linked that thread, during your theme.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Well, i'd hope people would use some discretion to go for the more obscure cult films, not to look like using Iro's idea (because i PM'd destiny about the theme before he posted)- use the more Midnite Movie type of cult films.
Yep, he did!

Remember, it's your theme. If you want to limit it to only the more obscure films, you can.

Originally Posted by mark f
A Bucket of Blood (1959)
Cool, Dick Miller as a main character. He's cool!

I wish we could just use the URL. I can't find, or remember where the damn code is. Click to watch the movie, if you like.

A Bucket of Blood

Yep, he did!

Remember, it's your theme. If you want to limit it to only the more obscure films, you can.
Well, i'm not sure how i can cut it down when it's quite subjective, thought not using films that were 'cult' solely on fan following would be good start in cutting out mainstream movies that can be deemed as cult. Since most zombie films are also cult and done last week, will say none of them.

Would Donnie Darko count for this? If so, dibs.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Yeah, you did... ... it was close to the end of my swashbuckling time... but still drummed up some conversation, if I remember right...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm suprised Nebs didn't go for something out of a Russ Meyer film
I must admit, that's the first thing I thought of too.

Without wishing to sound a schmuck, I'm pleased to be getting rid of the zombies, especially as I can indulge in one of my favourites...

Death Race 2000.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Hm, mines not exactly obscure (at least not on a movie forum) but, I like it.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
So difficult to narrow it down. So many cult movies become kind of mainstream-cult (you know what I mean, they're on t-shirts and posters everywhere, your Scarface, your Clockwork Orange etc). What counts as obscure cult? If just me and my mate like it that makes it obscure, but is it enough for a cult? Cultexistential angst aside, I've gone for this. Cos I like it. And a couple other of my favourites have been picked already.

"I'm being postmodern, before it's fashionable."

God: It's a pity you didn't sign the Smiths, but you were right about Mick Hucknell. His music's rubbish, and he's a ginger

"Jazz is the last refuge of the untalented. Jazz musicians enjoy themselves more than anyone listening to them does"

Pretty sure I am sticking with this film, but probably change the avie around some. Nice choice.

Loving this theme Mines not that great of a choice but I love the movie ^_^