A rules section?

Tools    

"Chicago Hope" and "ER" both used the sh-word on network TV.
I vaguely remember Dr. Green dropping either the S-bomb or the F-bomb in the episode where he dies. I like to think it was the big one though.

Also someone casually says the f-word in an episode of Prison Break. I don't know how no one noticed that. It's not totally audible because it's done in such a non-chalant way but I've gotten other people to watch a snippet of the episode and they agree with me on what was said.

Back to the topic at hand: I've written up a quick Site Rules page covering all the big issues. I figured it best to limit the size and stick to the most important rules; everything else is of secondary importance and can be fixed by consulting a moderator, observing the boards, or with a gentle correction as needed. I've added the link to the header, as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dill. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile, but the kick in the butt helped me finally sit down and do it.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Thanks for the suggestion, Dill. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile, but the kick in the butt helped me finally sit down and do it.
'Twas my pleasure

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Duplicate Accounts!

I know that this usually only happens when someone is spamming a lot, but I'm curious about a few things. First off, should it be in the rules section? Outside of a long time member maybe goofing off , there really is no need in this. Especially when the regular members of the board are getting played. That brings up my other curiosity. Should it be announced? Say for instance, someone joins the board, then they join it again, a month or so later, and start replying to themselves. Let's just say that it's 'obvious' they are playing games. Personally, I would want to know, instead of talking to two different people, like they are two different people, when they are really only one. It just seems to me that if they know from the start that if/once they are found out, the board will be told, then maybe it will help with this not happening as often. Whether it helps or not. Should it be announced?

What are your opinions?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Duplicate Accounts!

I know that this usually only happens when someone is spamming a lot, but I'm curious about a few things. First off, should it be in the rules section? Outside of a long time member maybe goofing off , there really is no need in this. Especially when the regular members of the board are getting played. That brings up my other curiosity. Should it be announced? Say for instance, someone joins the board, then they join it again, a month or so later, and start replying to themselves. Let's just say that it's 'obvious' they are playing games. Personally, I would want to know, instead of talking to two different people, like they are two different people, when they are really only one. It just seems to me that if they know from the start that if/once they are found out, the board will be told, then maybe it will help with this not happening as often. Whether it helps or not. Should it be announced?

What are your opinions?
You lost me at duplicate accounts... I, personally, don't think it should be a big thing. That tends to take away from the boards and will either annoy people to the extent they don't want to stick around or do nothing.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Duplicate Accounts!

What are your opinions?
I think people who create duplicate accounts should be sent to the Island of Misfit Humans!

Unless they happen to be well versed in the art of cookie baking!

HoHo! Off I Go! Gotta plan for the winter you know!

Will you stop that!

Spuds, are you saying that if people know a member is jerking them around with a few accounts, that it will make them leave?

I've only been a mod for a bit, so I was judging it on that, and as a regular member, I would want to know.

If none of you care, though, that's cool. I just wanted some opinion on it.

Spuds, are you saying that if people know a member is jerking them around with a few accounts, that it will make them leave?
Maybe not someone that's been here for a while, but maybe a new member that, say posts a question in the Movie question thread, that in turn, gets overtaken by one person using his/her multiple persona's. That would, more than likely, discourage them from asking anymore questions, at least.

If none of you care, though, that's cool. I just wanted some opinion on it.

In all seriousness, to me it depends on intent. If the intent is to interject a little humor here and there and the persona is quite obviously a sock puppet (like the example above or like Psychic Isaac) then I think it's fine (and fun).

If the intent is to deceive or to any way promote a 'real' user account by way of agreements etc then I think it's wrong and the user should be warned that a banning for such offenses is likely imminent. By the time it gets to this point though I'd bet that the august assembly that is the collective MoFo have already spotted the person as a fake and/or liar and are likely tired of the antics already.

I don't like to be lied to, personally and I don't think that site wide we should encourage the behavior by allowing rampant sock puppet accounts (not that it's ever been a rampant problem but it does occur).

OK, I get you. I thought you were saying that we shouldn't tell the board, because if they know about someone doing this, they will leave. You just mean that if people come on here playing games, it may make some leave.

If that's not what you mean, lie to me.

Toose, that is exactly how I feel, and I hate being lied to.

I still think that if the board is told, then that might help them knock it off. Say for instance someone was doing it right now. They see me write this, and think . . . "She knows!"

I'm watching you!

Good point.

All users should be aware of the fact that if they register multiple accounts and use the same network access point to connect to those accounts the moderators & admins can see the other accounts that you've used/are using quite readily.

In other words, if your intent is to fool the board with multiple accounts you generally won't unless you want to make it far more trouble than its worth.

You want to post like me?
Duplicate Accounts!

What are your opinions?
I would want to know.
So far I don't think that I've wasted my time here, but if someone makes numerous accounts and starts posting to themselves, I think that I would be wasting my time by dealing with three accounts that belongs to the same person.

OK, I get you. I thought you were saying that we shouldn't tell the board, because if they know about someone doing this, they will leave. You just mean that if people come on here playing games, it may make some leave.

If that's not what you mean, lie to me.
You got it right...no need for me to lie...yet