Question about Blade Runner

Tools    

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
K, sorry but this is really bothering me and I hope someone can explain this to me.

I've been thinking a lot about Blade Runner lately and then I realized something, is there any reason why Deckard would be a replicant? Why would a detective hunting replicants be a replicant? It doesn't really make much sense to me. I understand the thematic points it creates but I just don't understand the logistics of it. If someone can explain this or something for me I think it'd make me feel better

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

K, sorry but this is really bothering me and I hope someone can explain this to me.

I've been thinking a lot about Blade Runner lately and then I realized something, is there any reason why Deckard would be a replicant? Why would a detective hunting replicants be a replicant? It doesn't really make much sense to me. I understand the thematic points it creates but I just don't understand the logistics of it. If someone can explain this or something for me I think it'd make me feel better

Because Replicants have super-human strength and rogues can be dangerous, so why waste human life trying to take them down? Send another Replicant, specifically a Replicant that doesn't know what it is, after them. That way if it dies, all you've lost is another machine that can be replaced off the assembly line.

Same reason the Air Force uses drones for some actions and the bomb squad has small robots to deal with explosives on occasion.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

How about this: the genius running the corporation that created the replicants wanted to see how great a creator he was. What better way than to put a replicant inside the police force charged with taking them down? He could have done it to show how close to "human" he could create in a move of vanity. Kind of an inside joke.