Armomurhaaja (2017)

Tools    

Armomurhaaja (English: Euthanizer) is a candidate for Finland's Nominee for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2018 Oscars.

It tells a story about a mechanic who has a side business of killing old and sick pets. The Finnish Oscar jury was impressed by the film’s strong voice. The story is original and the film makes minute observations which are open to different interpretations.

Euthanizer, produced by It's Alive Films Oy, had its World Premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2017, and its domestic release, by distributor Finnkino, was on November 24, 2017. It won the best script award at the national Jussi film awards as well as at the Tokyo International Film Festival. The film’s latest award is from August when it was given the FIPRESCI prize at the Norwegian International Film Festival in Haugesund.

Director Teemu Nikki has written and edited the film. The cinematographer is Sari Aaltonen, sound design is by Sami Kiiski, music by Timo Kaukolampi and Tuomo Puranen. Sari Aaltonen did also the costume and set design together with Nikki. The film is produced by Nikki and Jani Pösö.

Even though I'm Finnish II don't usually watch Finnish movies but this one is on my watchlist. I've heard lots of good about it.
Even tho I'm American, I love Finnish cinema. Actually, "Priest of Evil", "Sauna" and "Jade Warrior" are high on my favorites list. I think Peter Franzen, Tommi Eronen and Ville Vartanen are amazing actors. Also, I have seen several films with Tommi Korpela in them.

I love most Nordic films that I have seen. I use "Nordic" to include Iceland.