Cloverfield (1.18.08)

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs
Cloverfield might be on DVD and HD-DVD sometime in April-May
UPDATE: 'Cloverfield' will be arriving on April 22 on HD-DVD as a 2 disc set, while the standard DVD only gets a single disc release.

More details soon.

UPDATE: 'Cloverfield' will be arriving on April 22 on HD-DVD as a 2 disc set, while the standard DVD only gets a single disc release.

More details soon.
Wow the standard DVD which will no doubt get more buyers only gets a single disc release. Great move paramount.

How is it some people can't seem to grasp that Hi-Def is the only way to go.
Once the prices go down, maybe. Right now, **** that ****.

Lets put a smile on that block
How is it some people can't seem to grasp that Hi-Def is the only way to go.
Yeah i think Cygnus is right here. You may think that HD is the ONLY way to go Jrs, but if i wanted to enjoy High Def blue-ray DVD's, I would have to fork out AT LEAST Ł2,500, which to be honest, is dosh i aint got. Its SO expensive at the moment.

So DVD is fine for me thanking you very much

If you guys want to branch off into a discussion about this, let me know and we can either start a thread, or copy these posts off into their own.

My own feeling is in line with blibb's; I'm sure people realize that Hi-Def is best if all other things are equal, but of course, they aren't all equal, and cost is and always will be a serious consideration.

If you guys want to branch off into a discussion about this, let me know and we can either start a thread, or copy these posts off into their own.

My own feeling is in line with blibb's; I'm sure people realize that Hi-Def is best if all other things are equal, but of course, they aren't all equal, and cost is and always will be a serious consideration.
A thread would probably be a good idea.

Jrs while they may look good, there is nothing wrong with the quality of DVDs. But in the end it all comes down to the prices. I got superbad 2-disc unrated edition for 24.99. The other day i saw it on blu-ray, the exact same thing 2 disc unrated edition, for 44.99. Who the **** wants to pay an extra 20 bucks just so the picture will look a little bit clearer, even though it looks fine as it is?

Originally Posted by Jrs
Paramount is releasing Cloverfield on standard DVD and HD-DVD on Aprill 22nd
UPDATE: Due to Paramount's announcement leaving the HD camp, the HD-DVD release has been cancelled.

A lot of people worked hard for over a month creating some amazing extra features for the HD release of "Cloverfield." At first it looked like not many consumers would see these features, as the release was planned for HD-DVD like Paramount's other recent titles. But now that Toshiba's HD-DVD format is dead, Paramount is scrambling to release "Cloverfield" on Blu-ray - on the original HD-DVD street date. As a result, the current belief is that there's not enough time to program all the extra features (including lots of new story stuff, along the lines of the viral campaign's backstory) in time for the Blu-ray release, and all this great work will be scrapped."

Expect a single disc standard DVD, and a barebones movie only Blu-Ray Aprill 22nd. A 2-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray will be released later this year.

Specialty Films Cinema
A lot of people didn't like cloverfield but I thought it was pretty cool and a blast to watch. I'm looking forward to the next one.

UPDATE: Paramount Home Entertainment has officially confirmed the Matt Reeves directed monster flick Cloverfield (SRP $27.95) which stars Michael Stahl-David, T. J. Miller, Jessica Lucas, Odette Yustman, Lizzy Caplan and Mike Vogel to be released onto standard DVD April 22nd. The film will arrive in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio track. It will be released in two versions: The normal one disc version or an exclusive Steel-Book edition. No details on the Blu-Ray edition at this time.

DVD Extras Include:
  • 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Commentary by Director Matt Reeves
  • Case Designate: Cloverfield (50 mins)
  • Document 01.18.08: The Making of Cloverfield
  • ”Cloverfield Visual Effects” Featurette
  • ”I Saw It! It's Alive! It's Huge” Featurette
  • ”Clover Fun” Featurette
  • 4 Additional Scenes
    o Congrats Rob
    o When You're in Japan
    o I Call That a Date
    o It's Going to Hurt
  • 2 Alternate Endings
  • Easter Eggs:
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #18 English
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #19 Spanish
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #20 French
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #21 Japanese
    o Slusho!
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 2
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 5
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 9
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 11
    o Rack 'Em & Pack 'Em
    o Fighting the X

UPDATE: Paramount Home Entertainment has officially confirmed the Matt Reeves directed monster flick Cloverfield (SRP $27.95) which stars Michael Stahl-David, T. J. Miller, Jessica Lucas, Odette Yustman, Lizzy Caplan and Mike Vogel to be released onto standard DVD April 22nd. The film will arrive in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio track. It will be released in two versions: The normal one disc version or an exclusive Steel-Book edition. No details on the Blu-Ray edition at this time.

DVD Extras Include:
  • 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Commentary by Director Matt Reeves
  • Case Designate: Cloverfield (50 mins)
  • Document 01.18.08: The Making of Cloverfield
  • ”Cloverfield Visual Effects” Featurette
  • ”I Saw It! It's Alive! It's Huge” Featurette
  • ”Clover Fun” Featurette
  • 4 Additional Scenes
    o Congrats Rob
    o When You're in Japan
    o I Call That a Date
    o It's Going to Hurt
  • 2 Alternate Endings
  • Easter Eggs:
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #18 English
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #19 Spanish
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #20 French
    o Alpha Encounter - UNCONFIRMED - TAG VD #21 Japanese
    o Slusho!
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 2
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 5
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 9
    o Person of Interest - JLVD Video 11
    o Rack 'Em & Pack 'Em
    o Fighting the X

On the cloverfield forum that cover has been confirmed as fake.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Since JRS is the balls at new movies, and Cloverfield...

is it true?

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I don't know... the description in the back cover doesn't look the kind of font I'd expect for a widely distributed DVD, and it doesn't even do a good job describing the movie... it's written as if you already know about the movie when you pick it up, and usually when a DVD back cover description ends with "everyone is talking about", usually it continues on describing the rest of the film.

We all make mistakes, Jason. I'm pretty sure that this DVD cover is a fake, or, at most, a demo version of one. It looks convincing, yes, but I'm able to pick up those little things quickly and point them out.

I don't know... the description in the back cover doesn't look the kind of font I'd expect for a widely distributed DVD, and it doesn't even do a good job describing the movie... it's written as if you already know about the movie when you pick it up, and usually when a DVD back cover description ends with "everyone is talking about", usually it continues on describing the rest of the film.......I'm pretty sure that this DVD cover is a fake.....
We'll find out then. PHE must do some re-confirming then if it's not real, cause they released it on their press website and all out to the media already.

We'll find out then. PHE must do some re-confirming then if it's not real, cause they released it on their press website and all out to the media already.
Guess so. Hey, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. We all make mistakes.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Jrs, you say funny things sometimes
Now blibby, was that nice?

Well folks, I'm an avid follower of viral campaigns, and as I'm sure some of you might know, Cloverfield had one.

Well, here's a new find that's rocking the viral world, and is making a lot of people wonder if it's all a viral tie-in to yet another Cloverfield sequel.

Here's the link that explains a new website and its meanings and possible Cloverfield references, some of which are just blatent.

Fan made, or legit? It's too early to tell. Stay tuned, MoFo.