Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ira
de noser poder
Upgrade - 6/10

Slick b-movie with an excellent lead performance.

Enemy (2013)

I'm probably being too harsh on this, especially because I thought the acting and cinematography were top notch. However, I just typically don't enjoy movies where there is too much interpretation left up to the viewer. I did have to research online a bit to gather all the symbolism being portrayed here. It was enjoyable as it progressed, but I had a feeling it just wasn't going to pull together in a satisfactory way by the time the ending came.

Scream (1996)

-

Only saw this once before, with my wife before she was my wife, in Harvard Square drunk and chasing each other around the theater. I only remembered the beginning scene, not even who the killer was. I definitely enjoyed the references and it is funny although not hysterical. The mask is not scary at all unfortunately but I thought the whole movie was entertaining.
With an enjoyable cast of actors and catchy killer, Scream has some 90s flashback value. The references to other horror films inside the movie can get tiring and too overt really. It's around a
+ 7.5 / 10 movie or so, stripping all the noise away and all that.

The Predator

Let's go everywhere with this one and do everything.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "Free Solo" spoilers below
Interviewers ask him what he's going to do next and his girlfriend, who's already spent the entire movie worrying herself sick about him over just this particular climb, just has the most anxious look on her face as he starts thinking about what he could do next.

Last movie watched...

Solo: A Star Wars Story -

cannot unsee

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Absurd (1981)

+

I unknowingly had this on my watchlist twice under both Absurd and Anthropophagus 2, and it actually goes by several titles. Joe D'Amato directs the great George Eastman in this video nasty as a psycho whose body heals itself even after the most gruesome of injuries. This movie has a few great scenes, but unfortunately like many other movies like it, there's nothing much worth watching between them. Good music and Ok for horror fans.

Absurd (1981)

+

I unknowingly had this on my watchlist twice under both Absurd and Anthropophagus 2, and it actually goes by several titles. Joe D'Amato directs the great George Eastman in this video nasty as a psycho whose body heals itself even after the most gruesome of injuries. This movie has a few great scenes, but unfortunately like many other movies like it, there's nothing much worth watching between them. Good music and Ok for horror fans.
As a whole it's pretty lame film but that ending is quite nice (apparently you liked it too because you used it as your pic).

The Florida Project (2017)

Sorcerer 1977

Great watch, very tense, Roy Scheider s really good in this one. Excellent soundtrack; Keith Jarrett, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis and the main theme!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The World's Greatest Sinner - 7/10
First half is great - experimental, funny, and just engaging with Tim Carey, but the moment he's alone, it becomes a bore. Frank Zappa did the soundtrack. Martin Scorsese loved it too (plugs)