The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Spent the last weekend in a small family hotel in the mountain village of Ravnogor (on the picture) located in the Rhodope mountains.
Walked around, enjoying the nature and some stunning views...

wild crocuses:

Spent the last weekend in a small family hotel in the mountain village of Ravnogor (on the picture) located in the Rhodope mountains.
Walked around, enjoying the nature and some stunning views...

wild crocuses:
I’m jealous - you have crocuses. We don’t yet.

If anyone doesn’t know, these photos are from Bulgaria.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I don't need customer support for it. I just need to take the time to figure it out. (I bought it in a big toy deal I got at a garage sale, so we spent hours going through the stuff, but only about 5 minutes playing with him at the time.)

That's a very cool droid collection. I hope to have a bunch of them some day, but it will take a while.

I have a big R2-D2 droid, but I think it's missing a remote control for it. It makes noises, and his head turns, but it seems to need a remote control to move. (I bought it at a garage sale for $1, so I'm surprised it does anything at all.)

I don't have a D-O yet, but I'm hoping to find one at the right price eventually. I love toys, but I'm frugal, so I only buy them when I can get them cheap.
Does anyone know if the original Sphero BB-8 is worth anything? If so, please lie and say it isn’t 😅

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Does anyone know if the original Sphero BB-8 is worth anything? If so, please lie and say it isn’t 😅

Depending on the condition, and whether or not it's complete and in the original box, they usually list anywhere from around $30 to $100, (sometimes more if it's brand new in the unopened box), but they usually sell for closer to about $30 to $50 (if they're not new in the box),

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Depending on the condition, and whether or not it's complete and in the original box, they usually list anywhere from around $30 to $100, (sometimes more if it's brand new in the unopened box), but they usually sell for closer to about $30 to $50 (if they're not new in the box),
Sounds like they are less than what they sold for originally.

Most things are. Essentially, if you don't leave something alone in the box you'll be very lucky to get anything like what you paid for it unless they become very popular/rare.

Most things are. Essentially, if you don't leave something alone in the box you'll be very lucky to get anything like what you paid for it unless they become very popular/rare.

It depends on the item, but if you hold on to some things long enough, they start going up in value, but probably not enough to make you rich.

We have a warehouse full of stuff that we've had since the late 1990s and early 2000s. It's mostly toys and collectibles that we used to sell at comic conventions, but we had so much stuff back then that we had to store some of it away for a while. Some of it is stuff that was selling at the shows for around $5 back then.

We recently started listing some of it online, and a lot of those $5 items are now selling for anywhere from $20 to $150 each, depending on the item. Some of the vintage clothing is selling for hundreds of dollars each, and for some items, the buyers don't even care about the condition.

You ready? You look ready.
We recently started listing some of it online, and a lot of those $5 items are now selling for anywhere from $20 to $150 each, depending on the item. Some of the vintage clothing is selling for hundreds of dollars each, and for some items, the buyers don't even care about the condition.
as someone who has got back into gaming, but only retro, the second hand market for stuff no longer in production is basically license to print money. especially if it was already a limited run to begin with.

this is especially true for consumable media like the out of print DVD of Kiki’s Delivery Service i bought at a price i’m ashamed to admit. or the vinyl copy of Out of Myself by Riverside that hit an almost 2000% return before it got another printing run. could have been 50,000% return i still wouldn’t have sold it

as someone who has got back into gaming, but only retro, the second hand market for stuff no longer in production is basically license to print money. especially if it was already a limited run to begin with.

this is especially true for consumable media like the out of print DVD of Kiki’s Delivery Service i bought at a price i’m ashamed to admit. or the Blade Runner briefcase set i will never sell but is worth 3 times what i paid. or the vinyl copy of Out of Myself by Riverside that hit an almost 2000% return before it got another printing run. could have been 50,000% return i still wouldn’t have sold it

We don't do much with gaming, but we sold some vintage Donkey Kong. Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog dolls a while back, and they sold for some pretty stupid high prices.

Some of the vintage clothing is selling for hundreds of dollars each, and for some items, the buyers don't even care about the condition.
I love vintage stuff. Article in The NY Times about Hèrmes bags. Apparently women are paying big bucks for the vintage bags even if they have wear & tear. Personally would not do this as wear & tear does not interest me. If I had a Hèrmes (which I never will) I would take care of it & treasure it.

I love vintage stuff. Article in The NY Times about Hèrmes bags. Apparently women are paying big bucks for the vintage bags even if they have wear & tear. Personally would not do this as wear & tear does not interest me. If I had a Hèrmes (which I never will) I would take care of it & treasure it.

The problem with buying vintage stuff is that you have to be careful that what you're buying is really vintage, and not a fake. There are a lot of fake items out there that are newer items, but they are made to look like vintage items, and unfortunately there are sellers who take advantage of this and try to sell them as vintage items.

The problem with buying vintage stuff is that you have to be careful that what you're buying is really vintage, and not a fake. There are a lot of fake items out there that are newer items, but they are made to look like vintage items, and unfortunately there are sellers who take advantage of this and try to sell them as vintage items.
Yes, you definitely have to know what you’re buying. Conversely some people don’t recognize a bargain when they see me.

Maybe my best buy was in the city when I used to frequent consignment stores. A Jacques Fath couture black & white dress that I judged was never worn. Cost me $250 (and this was a long time ago), but it was worth it to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Fath?wprov=sfti1

Hot tip for those of you selling online:

I've made a surprising amount of money selling old ticket stubs. My family had season tickets to the local NFL team starting in 1980, and although I can't give some of the tickets away, others are selling for ridiculous amounts. Recently made $1000 on one ticket from 1989, just because it happened to be the debut of a future Hall of Fame player. (I had no idea and listed it with a starting price of $2. )

I've also sold a few concert stubs as well. Again, some seem to be of absolutely no interest to anyone while others get multiple bids.
Just something to think about next time you're cleaning out your junk drawer.

Hot tip for those of you selling online:

I've made a surprising amount of money selling old ticket stubs. My family had season tickets to the local NFL team starting in 1980, and although I can't give some of the tickets away, others are selling for ridiculous amounts. Recently made $1000 on one ticket from 1989, just because it happened to be the debut of a future Hall of Fame player. (I had no idea and listed it with a starting price of $2. )

I've also sold a few concert stubs as well. Again, some seem to be of absolutely no interest to anyone while others get multiple bids.
Just something to think about next time you're cleaning out your junk drawer.
My take away from this is that people will buy anything.

Correct!
I'm sometimes baffled by the things collectors will do, but I'm happy to enable them.
Do you think the random buying got worse since we’ve had a pandemic?

Do you think the random buying got worse since we’ve had a pandemic?
Not in my experience. I'm just a small-timer, selling personal belongings that I don't want anymore, but I've been doing it since 2006 and since the beginning I've often been shocked at what people are paying for my "junk". One man's trash, etc...