The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Seen both.

The Avengers is fine, but I admittedly don't remember much about it.

Django Unchained had such good buzz, but it never got above, "Yeah, this is alright. Okay, that was funny, that was a good line." Great cast, though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sounds good. The only ones from the list I might be somewhat iffy are...

12 Years a Slave and Birdman, mostly because I don't see them come often in discussions. However, considering all the "lesser" BP winners that already made it (The Artist, The King's Speech), they will probably get in anyway.

Shoplifters, haven't seen it and I know it has its fans, but foreign film? a bit more niche? Don't know.

Florida Project, is this one highly regarded? Around here at least? I haven't seen it, so I don't know, but again, it's not a film I see much discussion around. I could say the same about Lady Bird, but I've seen that one and I really liked it.
Slave this high is definitely shocking, although even more shocking if it misses.

Florida project this high seems insane, but I know many here who love it.

I could definitely see Us and Lady Bird missing. Shoplifters too actually.

Will be fun to see.

Didn't expect for The Avengers to make it so high. Overall, not a fan of it, but here's hoping it will be the last MCU film to make this list (well, I already know the answer to this question, but you guys won't know till the end ).

Django Unchained is very good, though I haven't thought much about it since watching it. A different Tarantino film made my ballot instead.
Let's be honest, the highest rated of the three around the internet (excluding the sales factor) is Infinity War. We still have a chance at that.

Let's be honest, the highest rated of the three around the internet (excluding the sales factor) is Infinity War. We still have a chance at that.
I am under the impression the highest rated of the remaining MCU (in certain parts of the internet - and not even just, the remaining MCU) are Thor: Ragnarock and Black Panther. I get the feeling the latter isn't as popular here, and I'm not clear how popular the MCU is generally with those corners (i.e. would they be voting for them in such ballots).

Voting for neither (nor seeing neither), but it is a bit surprising that Descendants makes it and Nebraska doesn't. I'm getting flashbacks to the comedy countdown where things just didn't seem to fit and we basically had to suss out that The General wasn't just not making the top 10, but missing the entire list.

I am under the impression the highest rated of the remaining MCU (in certain parts of the internet - and not even just, the remaining MCU) are Thor: Ragnarock and Black Panther. I get the feeling the latter isn't as popular here, and I'm not clear how popular the MCU is generally with those corners (i.e. would they be voting for them in such ballots).
They were big buzzes, yes, but the internet is kind of getting past that buzz, whereas Infinity War and Endgame are still being talked about for their complexity. But I guess anything's possible here. Like I said, I never in a million years would have reasonably guessed that Avengers would be directly under Django Unchained.

The MCU movies on MoFo's Top 100 2010's films are:

28. The Avengers
39. Guardians of the Galaxy
79. Avengers: Endgame
94. Captain America: Civil War

Other Marvel Movies:

46. Logan
85. Deadpool

So we're almost 3/4's of the way through this list with almost 1/5 of the first three waves of the MCU represented.

raul's list of what's left is pretty good but I think a few don't make the cut. Whether they are replaced by blockbusters that have wide breadth of viewers, or highly regarded arthouse or international films that end up very high on say 10% of the lists...that remains to be seen. I don't think that 26 makes it. I think 22 or 23 of them do.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I see the hints are getting more vague as the options are narrowed down. Tricky.

I voted for The Avengers as a representative of the decade-dominating MCU. I never thought the movie was perfect, but it was an extremely successful attempt at something practically unprecedented.

1. Room (97)
2. Interstellar (33)
3. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (44)
6. The Avengers (28)
11. Jojo Rabbit (89)
22. Inside Out (59)