Whats the weather like today where you live?

Tools    

Connecticut got its first snow yesterday. It was a lot - maybe 4 inches, which is all melting as we speak. But yesterday evening was tough trying to get the snow off our front steps (terrified of falling down them) & feeding our outdoor cats. Ugh, I hate it so much.

First thing I did today was buy my own personal snow shovel. This way I know where the darn thing is at all times.

Is it August yet?

'Tis -1 here where I am. Unlike most, I want snow!

We had about two days of it last winter...

Please. Stop right now. I’m over winter already & it’s still fall.

We had a couple of inches the other day, but it was colder the previous day when we had a really hard frost which was there for a couple of days. The snow is still there,(I don't think it's been added to) but is very slowly melting.

So frickin cold today. One of the coldest days ever in Connecticut not to mention it’s still fall. The wind chill was horrible & there’s still 15 mph winds going on. Very challenging to walk in this weather, but I won’t show weakness.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
So frickin cold today. One of the coldest days ever in Connecticut not to mention it’s still fall. The wind chill was horrible & there’s still 15 mph winds going on. Very challenging to walk in this weather, but I won’t show weakness.

It's been about 30-35 degrees here the past few days, but I've learned to bundle up better to keep warm. Yesterday I was wearing two very heavy sweaters, (one with a hood), and a leather jacket, with thermals, Thinsulate gloves, and my face mask. I was bundled up so much that it barely felt like winter.

It's been about 30-35 degrees here the past few days, but I've learned to bundle up better to keep warm. Yesterday I was wearing two very heavy sweaters, (one with a hood), and a leather jacket, with thermals, Thinsulate gloves, and my face mask. I was bundled up so much that it barely felt like winter.
It’s all about layers for me. I usually have about 6 layers to keep my core warm.

It's 1 degree Celsius with heavy snow and a freezing rain warning.
Canada uses Celsius? I didn’t know this.

What a frickin week for atrocious weather in Connecticut. Bucketing down today. Modern sneakers are light-weight with a lot of mesh, but the mesh lets in the rain. So quite quickly in my long walk my feet were drenched.

By the time I got home I was soaking wet.

Its grey. With the grey continuing till its black.
Not too bad temperature-wise. I guess it is in the low 50's.
Still pretty dreary. This might bother me if I didn't work at night.

Rain and snow mix, windy as fu*k, and the temperature is dropping quickly. Supposed to be in the teens or lower by tonight, making all of this wetness flash-freeze.

Fun!

I sure hope my band gig is canceled tonight. I do not want to be sliding around in this crap.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yep, same. Power just went out for a bit (> 20 MPH wins, horizontal) and there's snow everywhere. I'm super smart for saving my grocery shopping for today.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yep, same. Power just went out for a bit (> 20 MPH wins, horizontal) and there's snow everywhere. I'm super smart for saving my grocery shopping for today.
I thought I was so smart NOT having to go out shopping this close to the big day... and then yesterday I found out that my stepdaughter and her hubby will be here tomorrow (!!). Nobody told me till yesterday, and there's no food for guests in this house. So guess who has to go out in that biting wind, that temp that dropped more than 40 degrees since yesterday, and that icy snowiness on some of the roads?

THIS GAL.

(sigh) Drive carefully.

I thought I was so smart NOT having to go out shopping this close to the big day... and then yesterday I found out that my stepdaughter and her hubby will be here tomorrow (!!). Nobody told me till yesterday, and there's no food for guests in this house. So guess who has to go out in that biting wind, that temp that dropped more than 40 degrees since yesterday, and that icy snowiness on some of the roads?

THIS GAL.

(sigh) Drive carefully.
Have it all delivered!

Here in CT if it would frickin stop raining for 5 minutes I could stand the cold. It’s SO hard having several outdoor cats to feed. Trying to feed them this a.m. in torrential rain & barreling winds was something else.

In the lovely Pacific Northwest, western Washington state to be exact...it's ice rain today! AND I have to go out in sub freezing temperatures and work outdoors in that today, ugh!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Have it all delivered!

Here in CT if it would frickin stop raining for 5 minutes I could stand the cold. It’s SO hard having several outdoor cats to feed. Trying to feed them this a.m. in torrential rain & barreling winds was something else.
I tried that! Nobody's got any slots available today or tomorrow! Of course! (sigh)

I have survived a four-minute dog walk (supposed to be longer but aborted due to some of the most insane and unpleasantly cold winds I've ever experienced for more than a few seconds at a time), after which, emboldened, I ventured to the grocery store. We're all stocked up now.

We'll probably have another four-minute dog walk just before dark, but after that we're gonna be indoors for the next 24 hours or so and only out briefly after that until probably like Tuesday.