What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Max Richter is really great. Been really impressed with his stuff ever since I heard it used in Shutter Island. That song specifically.

Max Richter is really great. Been really impressed with his stuff ever since I heard it used in Shutter Island. That song specifically.
I got interested in his music after hearing Tilda Swinton appears on The Blue Notebooks, amazing music. It was indeed used very well in Shutter Island. They used the pieces quite a lot in a British television film called Dive also.

Can see a scene from it here using the music:

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm rocken the Dexter Riley Mixed tapes of the late 80's.

its comical as i'm forced to use a teenage mutant ninja turtle boom box, as its the only cassette player in the house..lol

A sampling

Strange Advance- We Run

[
/YOUTUBE]

Boys Brigade- Melody

&feature=related

The Cult- Love Removal Machine

FM- Just Like You

&feature=related

The Oufield- Talk to Me

&feature=related

The Police- Synchronicity 2

&feature=related

oh man...this bringen back the memories. I forgot how much i was into the Payola$

Christmas is Coming

You're the only love

&feature=related

never said i loved you

eyes of a stranger

&feature=related

it must be love

where is this love

&feature=related

romance

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The People's Republic of Clogher
Peter Hook - The Happy One

This should probably be in the YouTube clips thread but what the heck: It's Hooky, the much missed Tony Wilson and some computers making New Order music!

A total gem of a clip.

Paul Rodgers had a Ridiculous RocknRoll voice. From Free, to Bad Company, to the Firm and the Law.

the Vid is a nice montage of mofo western mofo's

"One Room Country Shack",
Buddy Guy
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher
I had a weird musical morning, yesterday. Standing in the post office I was serenaded by this:

Now, I know I'm getting on a bit but is Guru Josh (and I have the CD single somewhere ) post office friendly?

He used to be a dentist, y'know.

Much more like it was the next song (it was a long queue, full of Monday morning pensioners).

Now, I happen to think that Wichita Lineman is one of the great American songs, right up there with Blue Suede Shoes and, erm, Welcome To The Terrordome.

I've always loved this version: