What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Iron Maiden - Running Free

A girl at work inspired me to pick up my guitar again. I'm going to try to play this.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've got a lot to add, but I'll do it gradually.

"Ain't That a Lot of Love" (live) by Taj Majal (from The Stones' Rock 'n' Roll Circus... if you can find this one from the movie, post it or send me a message.)

I saw Taj Mahal live with my parents sometime in the early 90's. That's actually one of the concerts I remember enjoying. Laid-back atmosphere, plenty of seats, good performance...

Death In June - Death of the West

Ryuichi Sakamoto - The End of Asia

A challenge: try to walk down the street while listening to this song without doing the runway walk. Just try it. You'll surely fail.

I'm not proud.

The People's Republic of Clogher
"It's a Good Thing" (live) by That Petrol Emotion

The Undertones are touring the West Coast at the moment but, looking at their website, tonight is the last date, in San Diego.

Electronic - Get The Message

Drugs seemed to kill off Electronic. The slightly un-rock 'n' roll Prozac, to be precise.

A happy, content Barney was a bizzarro sight and the music was totally lacking in inspiration but the first Electronic album is a classic in my ears, much better than the subsequent New Order record, Republic.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Undertones were in L.A. yesterday, but I did see their last tour up close and personal. I was in the middle of the Mosh Pit protecting my daughter and my best friend's son from being attacked from behind since they were actually lucky enough to be up against the stage. I wonder how the heck that happened?

Sarah took two of her high school friends down the street last night to see the eels open up their new tour. I'm too messed-up to go, darn it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Too many middle-aged men who think it's 1978 in the crowd? That's been the problem when I've seen any of the bands from that era but The Undertones crowd were nothing when compared to the eejits following (don't crucify me, I was young! ) Stiff Little Fingers.

One word: Phlegm.

Dig Yourself Deep is an excellent little song.

^ Can't get enough of that song.

Can't get enough of this song either. I like playing it first thing in the morning. It feels like waking up to a bright new day every time I listen to it.

Reply #10,000!

I've posted this in here before, but: "Rattlin' Bones" by Kasey Chambers & Shane
Nicholson, a husband-and-wife duo. Beautiful song. Give it a try, even if you don't usually like this kind of song. You'll love the call-and-response-style verses about a minute in.