What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

there's a frog in my snake oil
Liking these Polish reggae/ragga remixers on Soundcloud...

Tarrus Riley & Konshens - Good Girl Gone Bad (Dreadsquad Reggae Rmx)

B3 - ini kamoze - hotsteper (dj twister blend) [Mainly liking the 'latin acoustic' infiltration towards the end of this one ]

Dreadsquad & Beenie Man - Hmm Hmm Screw Dem (Da Vibz Remaker Mashup)

(Neat trick for vocal-rips in the Good Girl track info too)

there's a frog in my snake oil
More from the Polish mofos. They've done some classy mixes with famous fare. This is the king tho. Think this might be my tune of the summer

Their Fugees meets Max Romeo and Grand Master flash soul up (by their mate I think) are pretty natty too.

I'm not proud.

The People's Republic of Clogher
REM - These Days

My God, what an album Life's Rich Pageant is. I've still got it on cassette and LP, Lord knows why because I have neither a cassette or record player.

As a present for getting one 'A' (out of 8! ) in my GCSEs in 1989 I got an Aiwa portable CD player and the first two CDs I bought were REM's Green and Lou Reed's Transformer.

Can't remember the first digital download I purchased.

Percy French
Ruby Murray
The Clancy Brothers
Josef Locke
The Chieftains
The Dubliners
Van Morrison
Planxty
Horslips
Moving Hearts
Ufriggin2
The bloke who played the Lambeg Drum on Cloudbusting
The Pogues (even they're more London Irish than proper Irish)
In Tua Nua *cough*
Something Happens
A House
The Divine Comedy
Ash

Who next for the pantheon of Celtic greatness? Yer answer!

&feature=player_embedded

Surely the whole island is proud of these fine gentlemen? What with them and Jedward (think of The Beatles and The Stones) our musical legacy is looking great for another few years.

They're going to be in Cars 2. Deal with it. This song in particular.

Not this one, but for Christ's sake look at this PV.

&feature=related

I'm not proud.

Sham 69 - If The Kids Are United

Pity about some of the fans they attracted but there was an honest naiveté about Sham 69 and their anthemic attitude to Punk that I loved. I once got slapped for playing If The kids Are United 5 times in a row on a pub jukebox.

Happy times.